Excerpts from Quran: Allah, The Lord of the Worlds
- Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds. The Beneficent, the Merciful. Owner of the Day of Judgment.
Al-Fatiha - 1:1-3
- Who has made the earth your couch, and the heavens your canopy; and sent down rain from the heavens; and brought forth therewith fruits for your sustenance; then set not up rivals unto Allah when ye know (the truth).
Al-Baqara - 2:22
- Knowest thou not that it is Allah unto Whom belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth; and ye have not, beside Allah, any friend or helper?
Al-Baqara - 2:107
- The Originator of the heavens and the earth! When He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is.
Al-Baqara - 2:117
- And your God is one God; there is no god but He Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
Al-Baqara - 2:163
- Allah! there is no Allah but He - the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. For He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).
Al-Baqara - 2:255
- Hast thou not turned thy thought to one who disputed with Abraham about his Lord because Allah had granted him power? Abraham said: "My Lord is He Who giveth life and death." He said: "I give life and death." Said Abraham: "But it is Allah that causeth the sun to rise from the East: do thou then cause him to rise from the West?" Thus was he confounded who (in arrogance) rejected faith. Nor doth Allah give guidance to a people unjust.
Al-Baqara - 2:258
- Say: "O Allah! Lord of Power (and Rule) Thou givest Power to whom Thou pleasest and Thou strippest off power from whom Thou pleasest thou enduest with honour whom thou pleasest, and Thou bringest low, whom Thou pleasest; in Thy hand is all Good. Verily, over all things Thou hast power.
"Thou causest the Night to gain on the Day, and Thou causest the Day to gain on the Night; Thou bringest the Living out of the Dead, and Thou bringest the Dead out of the Living; and Thou givest sustenance to whom Thou pleasest without measure."Aal-e-Imran - 3:26-27
- Unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. He forgiveth whom He will, and punisheth whom He will. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:129
- If Allah helps you, none can overcome you: if He forsakes you, who is there after that that can help you? In Allah, then, let believers put their trust.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:160
- To Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth; and Allah hath power over all things.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:189
- O mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord Who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, his mate and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women; fear Allah, through Whom ye demand your mutual (rights) and (reverence) the wombs (that bore you): for Allah ever watches over you.
An-Nisa - 4:1
- Allah accepts the repentance of those who do evil, in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them, will Allah turn in mercy; for Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.
An-Nisa - 4:17
- Allah knoweth best (who are) your enemies. Allah is sufficient as a Friend, and Allah is sufficient as a Helper.
An-Nisa - 4:45
- Knowest thou not that to Allah (alone) belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth? He punisheth, whom He pleaseth and He forgiveth whom He pleaseth: and Allah hath power over all things.
Al-Maeda - 5:40
- "If Allah touch thee with affliction, none can remove it but He; if He touch thee with happiness, He hath power over all things.
Al-Anaam - 6:17
- And with Him are the keys of the Invisible. None but He knoweth them. And He knoweth what is in the land and the sea. Not a leaf falleth but He knoweth it, not a grain amid the darkness of the earth, naught of wet or dry but (it is noted) in a clear record.
Al-Anaam - 6:59
- It is He Who doth take your souls by night and hath knowledge of all that ye have done by day; by day doth He raise you up again; that a term appointed be fulfilled; in the end unto Him will be your return then will He show you the truth of all that ye did.
Al-Anaam - 6:60
- Say: "who is it that delivereth you from the dark recesses of land and sea, when ye call upon Him in humility and silent terror: `if He only delivers us from these (dangers), (we vow) we shall truly show our gratitude'.?"
Say: "It is Allah that delivereth you from these and all (other) distresses: and yet ye worship false gods!"Al-Anaam - 6:63-64
- Say: "He hath power to send calamities on you, from above and below, or to cover you with confusion in party strife, giving you a taste of mutual vengeance each from the other." See how We explain the Signs by various (symbols) that they may understand.
Al-Anaam - 6:65
- He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in truth. In the day when He saith: Be! it is. His Word is the Truth, and His will be the Sovereignty on the day when the trumpet is blown. Knower of the Invisible and the Visible, He is the Wise, the Aware.
Al-Anaam - 6:73
- It is Allah Who causeth the seed-grain and the date-stone to split and sprout. He causeth the living to issue from the dead, and He is the one to cause the dead to issue from the living. That is Allah; then how are ye deluded away from the truth?
Al-Anaam - 6:95
- It is He who sendeth down rain from the skies: with it We produce vegetation of all kinds: from some We produce green (crops), out of which We produce grain, heaped up (at harvest); out of the date-palm and its sheaths (or spathes) (come) clusters of dates hanging low and near: and (then there are) gardens of grapes, and olives, and pomegranates each similar (in kind) yet different (in variety): when they begin to bear fruit, feast your eyes with the fruit and the ripeness thereof. Behold! in these things there are signs for people who believe.
Al-Anaam - 6:99
- No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is above all comprehension yet is acquainted with all things.
Al-Anaam - 6:103
- Perfected is the Word of thy Lord in truth and justice. There is naught that can change His words. He is the Hearer, the Knower.
Al-Anaam - 6:115
- Remember ye implored the assistance of your Lord, and He answered you: "I will assist you with a thousand of the angels, ranks on ranks."
Allah made it but a message of hope, and an assurance to your heart: (in any case) there is no help except from Allah: and Allah is exalted in power, wise.Al-Anfal - 8:9-10
- That, and also because Allah is He who makes feeble the plans and stratagems of the Unbelievers.
Al-Anfal - 8:18
- Remember how the unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out, (of thy home). They plot and plan and Allah too plans but the best of planners is Allah.
Al-Anfal - 8:30
- "Because Allah will never change the Grace which He hath bestowed on a people until they change what is in their (own) souls: and verily Allah is He Who heareth and knoweth (all things)."
Al-Anfal - 8:53
- Unto Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth. He giveth life and He taketh it. Except for Him ye have no protector nor helper.
Al-Tawba - 9:116
- Say: "Who is it that sustains you (in life) from the sky and from the earth? Or who is it that has power over hearing and sight? And who is it that brings out the living from the dead And the dead from the living? And who is it that rules and regulates all affairs?" They will soon say "Allah." Say "Will ye not then show piety (to Him)?"
Yunus - 10:31
- If Allah do touch thee with hurt, there is none can remove it but He: if He do design some benefit for thee, there is none can keep back His favour: He causeth it to reach whomsoever of His servants He pleaseth. And He is the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Yunus - 10:107
- There is no moving creature on earth but its sustenance depends on Allah: He knoweth the time and place of its definite abode and its temporary deposit: all is in a clear Record.
Hud - 11:6
- He knoweth the Unseen and that which is open: He is the Great, the Most High.
It is the same (to Him) whether any of you conceal his speech or declare it openly; whether he lie hid by night or walk freely by day.Al-Rad - 13:9-10
- For him are angels ranged before him and behind him, who guard him by Allah's command. Lo! Allah changeth not the condition of a folk until they (first) change that which is in their hearts; and if Allah willeth misfortune for a folk there is none that can repel it, nor have they a defender beside Him.
Al-Rad - 13:11
- It is He Who doth show you the lightning, by way both of fear and of hope: it is He Who doth raise up the clouds, heavy with (fertilizing) rain!
Nay thunder repeateth His praises and so do the angels, with awe: He flingeth the loud-voiced thunderbolts and therewith He striketh whomsoever He will... Yet these (are the men) who (dare to) dispute about Allah, with the strength of His power (supreme)!Al-Rad - 13:12-13
- Allah enlargeth livelihood for whom He will, and straiteneth (it for whom He will); and they rejoice in the life of the world, whereas the life of the world is but brief comfort as compared with the Hereafter.
Al-Rad - 13:26
- See they not that We gradually reduce the land (in their control) from its outlying borders? (Where) Allah commands there is none to put back His command: and He is swift in calling to account.
Those before them did (also) devise plots; but in all things the master planning is Allah's. He knoweth the doings of every soul: and soon will the Unbelievers know who gets home in the End.Al-Rad - 13:41-42
- And verily, it is We Who give life, and who give death: it is We Who remain Inheritors (after all else passes away).
Al-Hijr - 15:23
- Lo ! We are sufficent for thee against the scoffers
Al-Hijr - 15:95
- The commandment of Allah will come to pass, so seek not ye to hasten it. Glorified and Exalted be He above all that they associate (with Him).
An-Nahl - 16:1
- And if ye would count the favour of Allah ye cannot reckon it. Lo! Allah is indeed Forgiving, Merciful.
An-Nahl - 16:18
- And Allah doth know what ye conceal and what ye reveal.
An-Nahl - 16:19
- And Our word unto a thing, when We intend it, is only that We say unto it: Be! and it is.
An-Nahl - 16:40
- Say: "Enough is Allah for a witness between me and you: for He is well-acquainted with His servants, and He sees (all things)."
Al-Isra - 17:96
- Say: "If the ocean were ink (wherewith to write out) the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would the words of my Lord, even if we added another ocean like it, for its aid."
Al-Kahf - 18:109
- Lo! We, inherit the earth and all who are thereon, and unto Us they are returned.
Maryam - 19:40
- (When this message was delivered), (Pharaoh) said: "Who then, O Moses, is the Lord of you two?"
He said: "Our Lord is He Who gave to each (created) thing its form and nature, and further gave (it) guidance."Ta-Ha - 20:49-50
- "But without doubt, I am (also) He that forgives again, and again to those who repent, believe, and do right - who, in fine, are ready to receive true guidance."
Ta-Ha - 20:82
- O mankind! if ye have a doubt about the Resurrection, (consider) that We created you out of dust, then out of sperm then out of a leech-like clot, then out a morsel of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed, in order that We may manifest (Our Power) to you; and We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term, then do We bring you out as babes, then (foster you) that ye may reach your age of full strength; and some of you are called to die, and some are sent back to the feeblest old age, so that they know nothing after having known (much). And (further), thou seest the earth barren and lifeless, but when We pour down rain on it, it is stirred (to life), it swells, and it puts forth every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs).
This is so, because Allah is the Reality: it is He Who gives life to the dead, and it is He Who has power over all things.Al-Hajj - 22:5-6
- To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth: for verily Allah - He is Free of all wants, Worthy of all praise.
Al-Hajj - 22:64
- Seest thou not that Allah has made subject to you (men) all that is on the earth, and the ships that sail through the sea by His command? He withholds the sky (rain) from falling on the earth except by His leave: for Allah is Most Kind and Most Merciful to man.
It is He Who gave you life, will cause you to die, and will again give you life: truly man is a most ungrateful creature!Al-Hajj - 22:65-66
- They measure not Allah His rightful measure. Lo! Allah is Strong, Almighty.
Al-Hajj - 22:74
- Therefore exalted be Allah, the King the Reality; there is no god but He, the Lord of the Throne of Honour!
Al-Mumenoon - 23:116
- Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star. (This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light. Allah guideth unto His light whom He will. And Allah setteth forth for mankind similitudes, for Allah is Knower of all things.
Al-Noor - 24:35
- And unto Allah belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, and unto Allah is the journeying.
Al-Noor - 24:42
- Seest thou not that Allah makes the clouds move gently, then joins them together, then makes them into a heap? then wilt thou see rain issue forth from their midst. And He sends down from the sky mountain masses (of clouds) wherein is hail: He strikes therewith whom He pleases and He turns it away fro whom He pleases. The vivid flash of its lightning well-nigh blinds the sight.
It is Allah Who alternates the Night and the Day: verily in these things is an instructive example for those who have vision!Al-Noor - 24:43-44
- And Allah has created every animal from water: of them there are some that creep on their bellies; some that walk on two legs; and some that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills: for verily Allah has power over all things.
We have indeed sent down Signs that make things manifest: and Allah guides whom He wills to a way that is straight.Al-Noor - 24:45-46
- Say: "The (Qur'an) was sent down by Him Who knows the Mystery (that is) in the heavens and the earth: verily He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
Al-Furqan - 25:6
- Or, who listens to the (soul) distressed when it calls on Him, and who relieves its suffering, and makes you (mankind) inheritors of the earth? (Can there be another) god besides Allah? Little it is that ye heed!
Al-Naml - 27:62
- Thy Lord does create and choose as He pleases: no choice have they (in the matter): Glory to Allah! and far is He above the partners they ascribe (to Him)!
And thy Lord knows all that their hearts conceal and all that they reveal.
And He is Allah: there is no god but He. To him be praise, at the first and at the last: for Him is the Command, and to Him shall ye (all) be brought back.Al-Qasas - 28:68-70
- He punisheth whom He will and showeth mercy unto whom He will, and unto Him ye will be turned.
Ye cannot escape (from Him) in the earth or in the sky, and beside Allah there is for you no friend nor helper.Al-Ankaboot - 29:21-22
- How many are the creatures that carry not their own sustenance? It is Allah Who feeds (both) them and you: for He hears and knows (all things).
Al-Ankaboot - 29:60
- It is He Who brings out the living from the dead, and brings out the dead from the living and Who gives life to the earth after it is dead: and thus shall ye be brought out (from the dead).
Al-Room - 30:19
- Allah is He Who shaped you out of weakness, then appointed after weakness strength, then, after strength, appointed weakness and grey hair. He createth what He will. He is the Knower, the Mighty.
Al-Room - 30:54
- And if all the trees in the earth were pens, and the sea, with seven more seas to help it, (were ink), the words of Allah could not be exhausted. Lo! Allah is Mighty, Wise.
Luqman - 31:27
- Seest thou not that Allah merges Night into Day and He merges Day into Night; that He has subjected the sun and the moon (to His Law), each running its course for a term appointed: and that Allah is well acquainted with all that ye do?
That is because Allah is the (only) Reality and because whatever else they invoke besides Him is Falsehood; and because Allah - He is the Most High, Most Great.Luqman - 31:29-30
- Lo! Allah! With Him is knowledge of the Hour. He sendeth down the rain, and knoweth that which is in the wombs. No soul knoweth what it will earn to-morrow, and no soul knoweth in what land it will die. Lo! Allah is Knower, Aware.
Luqman - 31:34
- And put thy trust in Allah, for Allah is sufficient as Trustee.
Al-Ahzab - 33:3
- Praise be to Allah, unto Whom belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. His is the praise in the Hereafter, and He is the Wise, the Aware.
He knoweth that which goeth down into the earth and that which cometh forth from it, and that descendeth from the heaven and that which ascendeth into it. He is the Merciful, the Forgiving.Saba - 34:1-2
- Say: "Verily my Lord enlarges and restricts the provision to whom He pleases but most men understand not."
Saba - 34:36
- Say: Lo! my Lord enlargeth the provision for whom He will of His bondmen, and narroweth (it) for him. And whatsoever ye spend (for good) He replaceth it. And He is the Best of Providers.
Saba - 34:39
- That which Allah openeth unto mankind of mercy none can withhold it; and that which He withholdeth none can release thereafter. He is the Mighty, the Wise.
Fatir - 35:2
- He maketh the night to pass into the day and He maketh the day to pass into the night. He hath subdued the sun and moon to service. Each runneth unto an appointed term. Such is Allah, your Lord; His is the Sovereignty; and those unto whom ye pray instead of Him own not so much as the white spot on a date-stone.
If ye pray unto them they hear not your prayer, and if they heard they could not grant it you. On the Day of Resurrection they will disown association with you. None can inform you like Him Who is Aware.Fatir - 35:13-14
- O mankind! Ye are the poor in your relation to Allah. And Allah! He is the Absolute, the Owner of Praise.
If He will, He can be rid of you and bring (instead of you) some new creation.
That is not a hard thing for Allah.Fatir - 35:15-17
- Is not Allah enough for His servant? But they try to frighten thee with other (gods) besides him! For such as Allah leaves to stray there can be no guide.
Az-Zumar - 39:36
- And such as Allah doth guide there can be none to lead astray Is not Allah Exalted in Power (Able to enforce His Will), Lord of Retribution?
Az-Zumar - 39:37
- And verily, if thou shouldst ask them: Who created the heavens and the earth? they will say: Allah. Say: Bethink you then of those ye worship beside Allah, if Allah willed some hurt for me, could they remove from me His hurt; or if He willed some mercy for me, could they restrain His mercy? Say: Allah is my all. In Him do (all) the trusting put their trust.
Az-Zumar - 39:38
- Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is the Guardian and Disposer of all affairs.
Az-Zumar - 39:62
- The revelation of the Scripture is from Allah, the Mighty, the Knower,
The Forgiver of sin, the Accepter of repentance, the Stern in punishment, the Bountiful. There is no God save Him. Unto Him is the journeying.Al-Momin - 40:2-3
- To Him is referred the Knowledge of the Hour (of Judgment: He knows all): no date-fruit comes out of its sheath, nor does a female conceive (within her womb) nor bring forth (young), but by His Knowledge. The Day that (Allah) will propound to them the (question), "Where are the partners (ye attributed) to Me?" They will say "We do assure Thee not one of us can bear witness!"
Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:47
- Allah is gracious unto His slaves. He provideth for whom He will. And He is the Strong, the Mighty.
Ash-Shura - 42:19
- And He it is Who accepteth repentance from His bondmen, and pardoneth the evil deeds, and knoweth what ye do
Ash-Shura - 42:25
- And He it is Who sendeth down the saving rain after they have despaired, and spreadeth out His mercy. He is the Protecting Friend, the Praiseworthy.
Ash-Shura - 42:28
- Unto Allah belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. He createth what He will. He bestoweth female (offspring) upon whom He will, and bestoweth male (offspring) upon whom He will;
Or He mingleth them, males and females, and He maketh barren whom He will. Lo! He is Knower, Powerful.Ash-Shura - 42:49-50
- Lo! Allah! He it is that giveth livelihood, the Lord of unbreakable might.
Adh-Dhariyat - 51:58
- And that He it is who maketh laugh, and maketh weep
An-Najm - 53:43
- That it is He Who giveth wealth and satisfaction
An-Najm - 53:48
- That it is He who Granteth Laughter and Tears;
That it is He who Granteth Death and Life;
That He did create the pairs male and female.
From a seed when lodged (in its place);
That He hath promised a Second Creation (raising of the Dead)
That it is He Who giveth wealth and satisfaction;
That He is the Lord of Sirius (the Mighty Star);
And that it is He Who destroyed the (powerful) ancient `Ad (people)
And the Thamud, nor gave them a lease of perpetual life.
And before them, the people of Noah, for that they were (all) most unjust and most insolent transgressors.
And He destroyed the Overthrown Cities (of Sodom and Gomorrah)
So that (ruins unknown) have covered them up.
Then which of the gifts of thy Lord, (O man), wilt thou dispute about?An-Najm - 53:43-55
- He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Hidden and He has full knowledge of all things.
Al-Hadid - 57:3
- Hast thou not seen that Allah knoweth all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth? There is no secret conference of three but He is their fourth, nor of five but He is their sixth, nor of less than that or more but He is with them wheresoever they may be; and afterward, on the Day of Resurrection, He will inform them of what they did. Lo! Allah is Knower of all things.
Al-Mujadila - 58:7
- Allah is He, than whom there is no other god - Who knows (all things) both secret and open; He Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
Allah is He, than whom there is no other god - the sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection). the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah! (High is He) above the partners they attribute to Him.
He is Allah the Creator the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or Colours). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the exalted in Might, the Wise.Al-Hashr - 59:22-24
- He knoweth all that is in the heavens and the earth, and He knoweth what ye conceal and what ye publish. And Allah is Aware of what is in the breasts (of men).
At-Taghabun - 64:4
- No calamity befalleth save by Allah's leave. And whosoever believeth in Allah, He guideth his heart. And Allah is Knower of all things.
At-Taghabun - 64:11
- And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if anyone puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish His purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion.
At-Talaq - 65:3
- And keep your opinion secret or proclaim it, lo! He is Knower of all that is in the breasts (of men).
Should He not know what He created? And He is the Subtile, the Aware.Al-Mulk - 67:13-14
- Or who is there that can provide you with Sustenance if He were to withhold His provision? Nay, they obstinately persist in insolent impiety and flight (from the Truth).
Al-Mulk - 67:21
- Say: "It is He Who has created you (and made you grow) and made for you the faculties of hearing, seeing, and understanding: little thanks it is ye give."
Al-Mulk - 67:23
- So whosoever will may heed.
And they will not heed unless Allah willeth (it). He is the fount of fear. He is the fount of Mercy.Al-Muddathir - 74:55-56
- Is not Allah the most conclusive of all judges?
At-Tin - 95:8
- Say: He is Allah the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none like unto HimAl-Ikhlas - 112:1-4