Excerpts from Quran: Faith, Guidance, Truth and Scriptures
- This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah.
Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them.
And who believe in the Revelation sent to thee, and sent before thy time, and (in their hearts) have the assurance of the Hereafter.
They are on (true guidance), from their Lord and it is these who will prosper.Al-Baqara - 2:2-5
- When it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth", they say: "Why, we only want to make peace!"
Of a surety, they are the ones who make mischief, but they realize (it) not.
When it is said to them: "Believe as the others believe" they say: "Shall we believe as the fools believe?" Nay, of a surety they are the fools, but they do not know.Al-Baqara - 2:11-13
- And cover not Truth with falsehood, nor conceal the Truth when ye know (what it is).
And be steadfast in prayer; give Zakat, and bow down your heads with those who bow down (in worship).Al-Baqara - 2:42-43
- Know they not that Allah knoweth what they conceal and what they reveal?
And there are among them illiterates, who know not the Book, but (see therein their own) desires, and they do nothing but conjecture.Al-Baqara - 2:77-78
- And when there comes to them a Book from Allah, confirming what is with them - although from of old they had prayed for victory against those without faith - when there comes to them that which they (should) have recognized, they refuse to believe in it; but the curse of Allah is on those without Faith.
Miserable is the price for which they have sold their souls, in that they deny (the revelation) which Allah has sent down, in insolent envy that Allah of His Grace should send it to any of His servants He pleases; thus have they drawn on themselves wrath upon wrath. and humiliating is the punishment of those who reject Faith.
When it is said to them: "Believe in what Allah hath sent down" they say: "We believe in what was sent down to us"; yet they reject all besides even if it be Truth confirming what is with them. Say: "Why then have ye slain the prophets of Allah in times gone by if ye did indeed believe?"Al-Baqara - 2:89-91
- Say ye: "We believe, in Allah and the revelation given to us and to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes and that given to Moses and Jesus and that given to (all) Prophets from their Lord we make no difference between one and another of them and we bow to Allah (in Islam)."
So if they believe as ye believe they are indeed on the right path; but if they turn back, it is they who are in schism; but Allah will suffice thee as against them, and He is the All-Hearing the All- Knowing.Al-Baqara - 2:136-137
- (We take our) colour from Allah, and who is better than Allah at colouring. We are His worshippers.
Al-Baqara - 2:138
- When it is said to them: "Follow what Allah hath revealed" they say: "Nay! we shall follow the ways of our fathers." What! even though their fathers were void of wisdom and guidance?
Al-Baqara - 2:170
- O ye who believe! Come, all of you, into submission (unto Him); and follow not the footsteps of the devil. Lo! he is an open enemy for you.
And if ye slide back after the clear proofs have come unto you, then know that Allah is Mighty, Wise.Al-Baqara - 2:208-209
- Mankind were one community, and Allah sent (unto them) prophets as bearers of good tidings and as warners, and revealed therewith the Scripture with the truth that it might judge between mankind concerning that wherein they differed. And only those unto whom (the Scripture) was given differed concerning it, after clear proofs had come unto them, through hatred one of another. And Allah by His Will guided those who believe unto the truth of that concerning which they differed. Allah guideth whom He will unto a straight path.
Al-Baqara - 2:213
- Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth stands out clear from Error; whoever rejects Evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.
Al-Baqara - 2:256
- Allah is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness, He will lead them forth into light. Of those who reject faith the patrons are the Evil Ones: from light they will lead them forth into the depths of darkness. They will be companions of the fire, to dwell therein (for ever).
Al-Baqara - 2:257
- He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: in it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: others are not of well-established meaning. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is not of well-established meaning. Seeking discord, and searching for its interpretation, but no one knows its true meanings except Allah, and those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in it; the whole of it is from our Lord"; and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:7
- The Religion before Allah is Islam (submission to His will): nor did the people of the Book dissent therefrom except through envy of each other, after knowledge had come to them. But if any deny the Signs of Allah, Allah is swift in calling to account.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:19
- So if they dispute with thee say: "I have submitted my whole self to Allah and so have those who follow me." And say to the people of the Book and to those who are unlearned: "Do ye (also) submit yourselves?" if they do, they are in right guidance, but if they turn back, thy duty is to convey the Message; and in Allah's sight are (all) His servants.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:20
- Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:31
- And obey Allah and the Messenger; that ye may obtain mercy.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:132
- So lose not heart, nor fall into despair: for ye must gain mastery if ye are true in Faith.
If a wound hath touched you, be sure a similar wound hath touched the others. Such days (of varying fortunes) We give to men and men by turns: that Allah may know those who believe, and that He may take to Himself from your ranks martyr-witnesses (to Truth). And Allah loveth not those that do wrong.
Allah's object also is to purge those that are true in Faith and to deprive of blessing those that resist Faith.Aal-e-Imran - 3:139-141
- Of those who answered the call of Allah and the Messenger even after being wounded, those who do right and refrain from wrong have a great reward.
Men said to them: "A great army is gathering against you, so fear them": but it (only) increased their Faith. They said: "For us Allah sufficeth, and He is the best disposer of affairs."Aal-e-Imran - 3:172-173
- But no, by thy Lord, they can have no (real) Faith, until they make thee judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against thy decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction.
An-Nisa - 4:65
- Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to Allah, does good, and follows the way of Abraham the true in faith? For Allah did take Abraham for a friend.
An-Nisa - 4:125
- O mankind! verily there hath come to you a convincing proof from your Lord: for We have sent unto you a light (that is) manifest.
Then those who believe in Allah, and hold fast to Him, soon will He admit them to Mercy and Grace from Himself and guide them to Himself by a straight Way.An-Nisa - 4:174-175
- Wherewith Allah guideth all who seek His good pleasure to ways of peace and safety, and leadeth them out of darkness, by His Will, unto the light, guideth them to a Path that is Straight.
Al-Maeda - 5:16
- It was We who revealed the Torah (to Moses); therein was guidance and light. By its standard have been judged the Jews, by the Prophet who bowed (as in Islam) to Allah's will, by the Rabbis and the Doctors of Law: for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's Book, and they were witnesses thereto: therefore fear not men, but fear Me, and sell not My Signs for a miserable price. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) Unbelievers.
We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if anyone remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself. And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) wrong-doers.Al-Maeda - 5:44-45
- And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.
Let the people of the Gospel Judge by what Allah hath revealed therein. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) those who rebel.
To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety; so judge between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have We prescribed a Law and an Open Way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute.Al-Maeda - 5:46-48
- O ye who believe! Whoso of you becometh a renegade from his religion, (know that in his stead) Allah will bring a people whom He loveth and who love Him, humble toward believers, stern toward disbelievers, striving in the way of Allah, and fearing not the blame of any blamer. Such is the grace of Allah which He giveth unto whom He will. Allah is All-Embracing, All-Knowing.
Al-Maeda - 5:54
- When it is said to them: "Come to what Allah hath revealed; come to the Messenger": they say: "Enough for us are the ways we found our fathers following." What! even though their fathers were void of knowledge and guidance?
Al-Maeda - 5:104
- And now they reject the truth when it reaches them: but soon shall they learn the reality of what they used to mock at.
See they not how many of those before them We did destroy? Generations We had established on the earth, in strength such as We have not given to you, for whom We poured out rain from the skies in abundance, and gave streams flowing beneath their (feet): yet for their sins We destroyed them, and raised in their wake fresh generations (to succeed them).Al-Anaam - 6:5-6
- Those who reject Our Signs are deaf and dumb in the midst of darkness profound: whom Allah willeth He leaveth to wander; whom He willeth, He placeth on the way that is straight.
Al-Anaam - 6:39
- Say: "Shall we indeed call on others besides Allah things that can do us neither good nor harm and turn on our heels after receiving guidance from Allah like one whom the evil ones have made into a fool, wandering bewildered through the earth, his friends calling 'Come to us' (vainly) guiding him to the Path." Say: "Allah's guidance is the (only) guidance, and we have been directed to submit ourselves to the Lord of the worlds;
Al-Anaam - 6:71
- Those are they unto whom We gave the Scripture and command and prophethood. But if these disbelieve therein, then indeed We shall entrust it to a people who will not be disbelievers therein.
Al-Anaam - 6:89
- Proofs have come unto you from your Lord, so whoso seeth, it is for his own good, and whoso is blind is blind to his own hurt. And I am not a keeper over you.
Al-Anaam - 6:104
- Those whom Allah (in His Plan) willeth to guide, He openeth their breast to Islam; those whom He willeth to leave straying He maketh their breast close and constricted as if they had to climb up to the skies: thus doth Allah (heap) the penalty on those who refuse to believe.
Al-Anaam - 6:125
- Some He hath guided: others have (by their choice) deserved the loss of their way: in that they took the Evil ones in preference to Allah, for their friends and protectors and think that they receive guidance.
Al-Araf - 7:30
- And when the Qur'an is recited, give ear to it and pay heed, that ye may obtain mercy.
Al-Araf - 7:204
- O ye who believe! Obey Allah and His Messenger, and turn not away from him when ye hear (him speak).
Nor be like those who say "we hear", but listen not:
For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are the deaf and the dumb - those who understand not.Al-Anfal - 8:20-22
- It is He who hath sent His Messenger with Guidance and Religion of Truth to proclaim it over all religion, even though the pagans may detest (it).
Al-Tawba - 9:33
- The Believers men and women, are protectors one of another: they enjoin what is just, and forbid what is evil: they observe regular prayers, practice regular charity, and obey Allah and His Messenger. On them will Allah pour His mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise.
Al-Tawba - 9:71
- Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.
Al-Tawba - 9:111
- O mankind! There hath come to you admonition from your Lord and a healing for the (diseases) in your hearts and for those who believe, a Guidance and a Mercy.
Yunus - 10:57
- Say: O mankind! Now hath the Truth from your Lord come unto you. So whosoever is guided, is guided only for (the good of) his soul, and whosoever erreth erreth only against it. And I am not a warder over you.
Yunus - 10:108
- And though thou try much, most men will not believe.
Thou askest them no fee for it. It is naught else than a reminder unto the peoples.Yusuf - 12:103-104
- Say thou: "This my way: I do invite unto Allah on evidence clear as the seeing with one's eyes I and whoever follows me: Glory to Allah! and never will I join gods with Allah!"
Yusuf - 12:108
- (This is) a Scripture which We have revealed unto thee (Muhammad) that thereby thou mayst bring forth mankind from darkness unto light, by the permission of their Lord, unto the path of the Mighty, the Owner of Praise
Ibrahim - 14:1
- We sent not a messenger except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, in order to make (things) clear to them. Now Allah leaves stray those whom He pleases and guides whom He pleases: and He is Exalted in power, Full of Wisdom.
Ibrahim - 14:4
- We have, without doubt sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).
Al-Hijr - 15:9
- And unto Allah leads straight the Way, but there are ways that turn aside: if Allah had willed, He could have guided all of you.
An-Nahl - 16:9
- For We assuredly sent amongst every People a messenger, (with the Command) "Serve Allah, and eschew Evil": of the people were some whom Allah guided, and some on whom Error became inevitably (established). So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth).
An-Nahl - 16:36
- If thou art anxious for their guidance, yet Allah guideth not such as He leaves to stray, and there is none to help them.
An-Nahl - 16:37
- Allah hath said: Choose not two Gods. There is only One God. So of Me, Me only, be in awe.
An-Nahl - 16:51
- And We have revealed the Scripture unto thee only that thou mayst explain unto them that wherein they differ, and (as) a guidance and a mercy for a people who believe.
An-Nahl - 16:64
- And (bethink you of) the day when We raise in every nation a witness against them of their own folk, and We bring thee (Muhammad) as a witness against these. And We reveal the Scripture unto thee as an exposition of all things, and a guidance and a mercy and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Allah).
An-Nahl - 16:89
- Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth, best who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.
An-Nahl - 16:125
- Verily this Qur'an doth guide to that which is most right (or stable), and giveth the glad tidings to the Believers who work deeds of righteousness, that they shall have a magnificent reward;
Al-Isra - 17:9
- And say: Truth hath come and falsehood hath vanished away. Lo! falsehood is ever bound to vanish.
Al-Isra - 17:81
- We send down (stage by stage) in the Qur'an that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe: to the unjust it causes nothing but loss after loss.
Al-Isra - 17:82
- It is he whom Allah guides, that is on true guidance; but he whom He leaves astray, for such wilt thou find no protector besides Him. On the Day of Judgment We shall gather them together, prone on their faces, blind, dumb, and deaf: their abode will be Hell: every time it shows abatement, We shall increase for them the fierceness of the Fire.
Al-Isra - 17:97
- We sent down the (Qur'an) in Truth, and in Truth has it descended: and We sent thee but to give Glad Tidings and to warn (sinners).
Al-Isra - 17:105
- And (it is) a Qur'an that We have divided, that thou mayst recite it unto mankind at intervals, and We have revealed it by (successive) revelation.
Say: Believe therein or believe not, lo! those who were given knowledge before it, when it is read unto them, fall down prostrate on their faces, adoring
Saying: Glory to our Lord! Verily the promise of our Lord must be fulfilled.
They fall down on their faces, weeping, and it increaseth humility in them.Al-Isra - 17:106-109
- We have explained in detail in this Qur'an, for the benefit of mankind, every kind of similitude: but man is, in most things contentious.
Al-Kahf - 18:54
- We send not the messengers save as bearers of good news and warners. Those who disbelieve contend with falsehood in order to refute the Truth thereby. And they take Our revelations and that wherewith they are threatened as a jest.
Al-Kahf - 18:56
- He said: "Get ye down both of you all together from the Garden, with enmity one to another; but if, as is sure there comes to you guidance from Me, whosoever follows My guidance, will not lose his way nor fall into misery.
"But whosoever turns away from My Message, verily for him is a life narrowed down, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Judgment."Ta-Ha - 20:123-124
- Nay, We hurl the Truth against falsehood, and it knocks out its brain, and behold falsehood doth perish! Ah! woe be to you for the (false) things ye ascribe (to Us).
Al-Anbiya - 21:18
- Lo! this, your religion, is one religion, and I am your Lord, so worship Me.
And they have broken their religion (into fragments) among them, (yet) all are returning unto Us.Al-Anbiya - 21:92-93
- Never sent We a messenger or a prophet before thee but when He recited (the message) Satan proposed (opposition) in respect of that which he recited thereof. But Allah abolisheth that which Satan proposeth. Then Allah establisheth His revelations. Allah is Knower, Wise;
That He may make that which the devil proposeth a temptation for those in whose hearts is a disease, and those whose hearts are hardened - Lo! the evil-doers are in open schismAl-Hajj - 22:52-53
- And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, (with sincerity and under discipline): He has chosen you and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the cult of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this (Revelation); that the Messenger may be a witness for you, and ye be witnesses for mankind! So establish regular Prayer give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah! He is your Protector - the Best to protect and the Best to help!
Al-Hajj - 22:78
- Or do they say "He is possessed"? Nay he has brought them the Truth, but most of them hate the Truth.
If the Truth had been in accord with their desires, truly the heavens and the earth, and all beings therein would have been in confusion and corruption! Nay We have sent them their admonition, but they turn away from their admonition.Al-Mumenoon - 23:70-71
- And lo! thou summonest them indeed unto a right path.
And lo! those who believe not in the Hereafter are indeed astray from the path.Al-Mumenoon - 23:73-74
- Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star. (This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light. Allah guideth unto His light whom He will. And Allah setteth forth for mankind similitudes, for Allah is Knower of all things.
(This lamp is found) in houses which Allah hath allowed to be exalted and that His name shall be remembered therein. Therein do offer praise to Him at morn and evening.
Men whom neither merchandise nor sale beguileth from remembrance of Allah and constancy in prayer and paying to the poor their due; who fear a day when hearts and eyeballs will be overturned;Al-Noor - 24:35-37
- Blessed is He Who hath revealed unto His slave the Criterion (of right and wrong), that he may be a warner to the people.
Al-Furqan - 25:1
- Those who reject Faith say: "Why is not the Qur'an revealed to him all at once?" Thus (is it revealed) that We may strengthen thy heart thereby, and We have rehearsed it to thee in slow, well-arranged stages gradually.
And no question do they bring to thee but We reveal to thee the truth and the best explanation (thereof).Al-Furqan - 25:32-33
- These are Verses of the Book that makes (things) clear.
It may be thou frettest thy soul with grief, that they do not become Believers.
If (such) were Our Will, We could send down to them from the sky a Sign, to which they would bend their necks in humility.
But there comes not to them a newly-revealed Message from (Allah) Most Gracious, but they turn away therefrom.Al-Shuara - 26:2-5
- And We verily gave the Scripture unto Moses after We had destroyed the generations of old: clear testimonies for mankind, and a guidance and a mercy, that haply they might reflect.
Al-Qasas - 28:43
- It is true thou wilt not be able to guide everyone whom thou lovest: but Allah guides those whom He will and He knows best those who receive guidance.
Al-Qasas - 28:56
- And argue not with the People of the Scripture unless it be in (a way) that is better, save with such of them as do wrong; and say: We believe in that which hath been revealed unto us and revealed unto you; our God and your God is One, and unto Him we surrender.
Al-Ankaboot - 29:46
- As for those who strive in Us, We surely guide them to Our paths, and lo! Allah is with the good.
Al-Ankaboot - 29:69
- For verily thou (Muhammad) canst not make the dead to hear, nor canst thou make the deaf to hear the call when they have turned to flee.
Nor canst thou guide the blind out of their error. Thou canst make none to hear save those who believe in Our revelations so that they surrender (unto Him).Al-Room - 30:52-53
- Verily We have coined for mankind in this Qur'an all kinds of similitudes; and indeed if thou camest unto them with a miracle, those who disbelieve would verily exclaim: Ye are but tricksters!
Thus doth Allah seal the hearts of those who know not.
So have patience (O Muhammad)! Allah's promise is the very truth, and let not those who have no certainty make thee impatient.Al-Room - 30:58-60
- These are Verses of the Wise Book
A Guide and a Mercy to the Doers of Good
Those who establish regular Prayer, and give regular Charity, and have (in their hearts) the assurance of the Hereafter.
These are on (true) guidance from their Lord; and these are the ones who will prosper.Luqman - 31:2-5
- Whoever submits his whole self to Allah, and is a doer of good, has grasped indeed the trustworthy hand-hold: and with Allah rests the End and Decision of (all) affairs.
Luqman - 31:22
- Or say they: He hath invented it? Nay, but it is the Truth from thy Lord, that thou mayst warn a folk to whom no warner came before thee, that haply they may walk aright.
As-Sajda - 32:3
- Those who have been given knowledge see that what is revealed unto thee from thy Lord is the truth and leadeth unto the path of the Mighty, the Owner of Praise.
Saba - 34:6
- When Our Clear Signs are rehearsed to them they say "This is only a man who wishes to hinder you from the (worship) which your fathers practised." And they say "This is only a falsehood invented!" And the Unbelievers say of the Truth when it comes to them "This is nothing but evident magic!"
Saba - 34:43
- Say: "The Truth has arrived and Falsehood neither creates anything new, nor restores anything."
Saba - 34:49
- Say: "If I am astray, I only stray to the loss of my own soul: but if I receive guidance, it is because of the inspiration of my Lord to me: it is He Who hears all things, and is (ever) near."
Saba - 34:50
- The blind and the seeing are not alike;
Nor are the depths of Darkness and the Light;
Nor are the (chilly) shade and the (genial) heat of the sun:
Nor are alike those that are living and those that are dead. Allah can make any that He wills to hear; but thou canst not make those to hear who are (buried) in graves.
Thou art no other than a warner.Fatir - 35:19-23
- And We have not taught him (Muhammad) poetry, nor is it meet for him. This is naught else than a Reminder and a Lecture making plain,
To warn whosoever liveth, and that the word may be fulfilled against the disbelievers.Ya-Seen - 36:69-70
- The revelation of this Book is from Allah, the Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom.
Verily it is We Who have revealed the Book to thee in Truth: so serve Allah, offering Him sincere devotion.
Is it not to Allah that sincere devotion is due? But those who take for protectors other than Allah (say): "We only serve them in order that they may bring us nearer to Allah." Truly Allah will judge between them in that wherein they differ. But Allah guides not such as are false and ungrateful.Az-Zumar - 39:1-3
- Lo! We have revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture for mankind with truth. Then whosoever goeth right it is for his soul, and whosoever strayeth, strayeth only to its hurt. And thou art not a warder over them.
Az-Zumar - 39:41
- And follow the better (guidance) of that which is revealed unto you from your Lord, before the doom cometh on you suddenly when ye know not,
Lest any soul should say: Alas, my grief that I was unmindful of Allah, and I was indeed among the scoffers!Az-Zumar - 39:55-56
- The revelation of the Scripture is from Allah, the Mighty, the Knower,
The Forgiver of sin, the Accepter of repentance, the Stern in punishment, the Bountiful. There is no God save Him. Unto Him is the journeying.Al-Momin - 40:2-3
- A Revelation from (Allah) Most Gracious, Most Merciful
A Book, whereof the verses are explained in detail - a Qur'an in Arabic, for people who understand
Giving Good News and Admonition: yet most of them turn away, and so they hear not.
They say: "Our hearts are under veils, (concealed) from that to which thou dost invite us, and in ours ears is a deafness, and between us and thee is a screen: so do thou (what thou wilt); for us, we shall do (what we will!)."Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:2-5
- The Unbelievers say: "Listen not to this Qur'an, but talk at random in the midst of its (reading) that ye may gain the upper hand!"
Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:26
- Those who reject the Message when it comes to them (are not hidden from Us); and indeed it is a Book of exalted power.
No falsehood can approach it from before or behind it: it is sent down by One Full of Wisdom, Worthy of all Praise.Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:41-42
- Had We sent this as a Qur'an (in a language) other than Arabic, they would have said: "Why are not its verses explained in detail? What! (a Book) not in Arabic and (a Messenger) an Arab?" Say: "It is a guide and a healing to those who believe; and for those who believe not there is a deafness in their ears, and it is blindness in their (eyes); they are (as it were) being called from a place far distant!"
Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:44
- And in whatsoever ye differ, the verdict therein belongeth to Allah. Such is my Lord, in Whom I put my trust, and unto Whom I turn.
Ash-Shura - 42:10
- The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah - that which We have sent by inspiration to thee - and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: namely, that ye should remain steadfast in Religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than Allah, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him).
Ash-Shura - 42:13
- And they were not divided until after the knowledge came unto them, through rivalry among themselves; and had it not been for a Word that had already gone forth from thy Lord for an appointed term, it surely had been judged between them. And those who were made to inherit the Scripture after them are verily in hopeless doubt concerning it.
Unto this, then, summon (O Muhammad). And be thou upright as thou art commanded, and follow not their lusts, but say: I believe in whatever scripture Allah hath sent down, and I am commanded to be just among you. Allah is our Lord and your Lord. Unto us our works and unto you your works; no argument between us and you. Allah will bring us together, and unto Him is the journeying.Ash-Shura - 42:14-15
- Shall We then take away the Message from you and repel (you) for that ye are a people transgressing beyond bounds?
Az-Zukhruf - 43:5
- So hold thou fast to that which is inspired in thee. Lo! thou art on a right path.
And lo! it is in truth a Reminder for thee and for thy folk; and ye will be questioned.Az-Zukhruf - 43:43-44
- Behold, We turned towards thee a company of Jinns (quietly) listening to the Qur'an: when they stood in the presence thereof, they said "Listen in silence!" When the (reading) was finished, they returned to their people, to warn (them of their sins).
They said "O our people! We have heard a Book revealed after Moses, confirming what came before it: it guides (men) to the Truth and to a Straight Path.
"O our people hearken to the one who invites (you) to Allah, and believe in him: He will forgive you your faults, and deliver you from a Penalty Grievous.
"If any does not hearken to the one who invites (Us) to Allah, he cannot frustrate (Allah's Plan) on earth, and no protectors can he have besides Allah; such men (wander) in manifest error."Al-Ahqaf - 46:29-32
- It is He who sent down Tranquillity into the hearts of the Believers, that they may add Faith to their Faith - for to Allah belong the Forces of the heavens and the earth; and Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom;
Al-Fath - 48:4
- He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religion. And Allah sufficeth as a Witness.
Al-Fath - 48:28
- We are best aware of what they say, and thou (O Muhammad) art in no wise a compeller over them. But warn by the Qur'an him who feareth My threat.
Qaf - 50:45
- And they have no knowledge thereof. They follow but a guess, and lo! a guess can never take the place of the truth.
An-Najm - 53:28
- And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?
Al-Qamar - 54:17
- Nay, I swear by the places of the stars
And lo! that verily is a tremendous oath, if ye but knew
That (this) is indeed a noble Qur'anAl-Waqia - 56:75-77
- We verily sent Our messengers with clear proofs, and revealed with them the Scripture and the Balance, that mankind may observe right measure; and He revealed iron, wherein is mighty power and (many) uses for mankind, and that Allah may know him who helpeth Him and His messengers, though unseen. Lo! Allah is Strong, Almighty.
Al-Hadid - 57:25
- Had We sent down this Qur'an on a mountain, verily, thou would have seen it humble itself and cleave asunder for fear of Allah, such are the similitudes which We propound to men, that they may reflect.
Al-Hashr - 59:21
- Their intention is to extinguish Allah's Light (by blowing) with their mouths: but Allah will complete (the revelation of) His Light, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).
As-Saff - 61:8
- It is He Who has sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, that he may proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it).
As-Saff - 61:9
- It is He Who has sent amongst the Unlettered a messenger from among themselves, to rehearse to them His Signs, to sanctify them, and to instruct them in Scripture and Wisdom - although they had been, before, in manifest error
Al-Jumua - 62:2
- Lo! thy Lord is best aware of him who strayeth from His way, and He is best aware of those who walk aright.
Al-Qalam - 68:7
- But it is nothing less than a Message to all the worlds.
Al-Qalam - 68:52
- It is not poet's speech - little is it that ye believe!
Nor diviner's speech - little is it that ye remember!
It is a revelation from the Lord of the Worlds.
And if he had invented false sayings concerning Us
We assuredly had taken him by the right hand
And then severed his life-artery
And not one of you could have held Us off from him.
And lo! it is a warrant unto those who ward off (evil).
And lo! We know that some among you will deny (it).
And lo! it is indeed an anguish for the disbelievers.
And lo! it is absolute truth.
So glorify the name of thy Tremendous Lord.Al-Haaqqa - 69:41-52
- So whosoever will may heed.
And they will not heed unless Allah willeth (it). He is the fount of fear. He is the fount of Mercy.Al-Muddathir - 74:55-56
- Stir not thy tongue herewith to hasten it.
Lo! upon Us (resteth) the putting together thereof and the reading thereof.
And when We read it, follow thou the reading;
Then lo! upon Us (resteth) the explanation thereof.Al-Qiyama - 75:16-19
- Are ye the harder to create, or is the heaven that He built?
An-Naziat - 79:27
- This is naught else than a reminder unto creation
Unto whomsoever of you willeth to walk straight
And ye will not, unless (it be) that Allah willeth, the Lord of Creation.At-Takwir - 81:27-29
- Lo! this (Qur'an) is a conclusive word
At-Tariq - 86:13
- We shall make thee read (O Muhammad) so that thou shalt not forget
Save that which Allah willeth. Lo! He knoweth the disclosed and that which still is hidden;Al-Ala - 87:6-7
- Therefore give admonition in case the admonition profits (the hearer)
The admonition will be received by those who fear (Allah)
But it will be avoided by those most unfortunate onesAl-Ala - 87:9-11