Excerpts from Quran: Miscellaneous Topics
- Then, even after that, your hearts were hardened and became as rocks, or worse than rocks, for hardness. For indeed there are rocks from out which rivers gush, and indeed there are rocks which split asunder so that water floweth from them. And indeed there are rocks which fall down for the fear of Allah. Allah is not unaware of what ye do.
Al-Baqara - 2:74
- And say not of those who are slain in the way of Allah: "They are dead." Nay, they are living, though ye perceive (it) not.
Al-Baqara - 2:154
- He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah. but if one is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits - then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.
Al-Baqara - 2:173
- The Satan threatens you with poverty and bids you to conduct unseemly. Allah promiseth you His forgiveness and bounties and Allah careth for all and He knoweth all things.
Al-Baqara - 2:268
- And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:54
- O ye who believe! fear Allah as He should be feared, and die not except in a state of Islam.
And hold fast, all together by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make his signs clear to you: that ye may be guided.Aal-e-Imran - 3:102-103
- Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong; they are the ones to attain felicity.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:104
- O ye who believe! Take not for intimates others than your own folk, who would spare no pains to ruin you; they love to hamper you. Hatred is revealed by (the utterance of) their mouths, but that which their breasts hide is greater. We have made plain for you the revelations if ye will understand.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:118
- Allah doth wish to lighten your (difficulties): for man was created weak (in flesh).
An-Nisa - 4:28
- Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their, beds (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance): for Allah is Most High, Great (above you all).
An-Nisa - 4:34
- Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee is from Allah; but whatever evil happens to thee is from thyself. And We have sent thee, as a Messenger to (instruct) mankind: And enough is Allah for a witness.
An-Nisa - 4:79
- When angels take the souls of those who die in sin against their souls, they say: "In what (plight) were ye?" They reply: "Weak and oppressed were we in the earth." They say: "Was not the earth of Allah spacious enough for you to move yourselves away (from evil)?" Such men will find their abode in Hell - what an evil refuge!
An-Nisa - 4:97
- He who forsakes his home in the cause of Allah, finds in the earth many a refuge, wide and spacious: should he die as a refugee (away) from home for Allah and His Messenger, His reward becomes due and sure with Allah: and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
An-Nisa - 4:100
- Those who take for friends Unbelievers rather than Believers: is it honour they seek among them? Nay, all honour is with Allah.
An-Nisa - 4:139
- This day are (all) good things made lawful for you. The food of those who have received the Scripture is lawful for you, and your food is lawful for them. And so are the virtuous women of the believers and the virtuous women of those who received the Scripture before you (lawful for you) when ye give them their marriage portions and live with them in honour, not in fornication, nor taking them as secret concubines. Whoso denieth the faith, his work is vain and he will be among the losers in the Hereafter.
Al-Maeda - 5:5
- O ye who believe! Take not for friends and protectors those who take your religion for a mockery or sport, whether among those who received the Scripture before you, or among those who reject Faith; but fear ye Allah if ye have Faith (indeed). Al-Maeda - 5:57
- Before thee We sent (Messengers) to many nations, and We afflicted the nations with suffering and adversity that they might learn humility.
When the suffering reached them from Us, why then did they not learn humility? On the contrary their hearts became hardened, and Satan made their (sinful) acts seem alluring to them.
But when they forgot the warning they had received, We opened to them the gates of all (good) things, until, in the midst of their enjoyment of Our gifts, on a sudden, We called them to account, when lo! they were plunged in despair!Al-Anaam - 6:42-44
- If thou obeyedst most of those on earth they would mislead thee far from Allah's way. They follow naught but an opinion, and they do but guess.
Al-Anaam - 6:116
- He it is Who hath placed you as viceroys of the earth and hath exalted some of you in rank above others, that He may try you by (the test of) that which He hath given you. Lo! Thy Lord is swift in prosecution, and Lo! He verily is Forgiving, Merciful.
Al-Anaam - 6:165
- It is He who sendeth the winds like heralds of glad tidings going before His Mercy: when they have carried the heavy-laden clouds, We drive them to a land that is dead, make rain to descend thereon, and produce every kind of harvest therewith: thus shall We raise up the dead: perchance ye may remember.
Al-Araf - 7:57
- But those who do ill-deeds and afterward repent and believe - lo! for them, afterward, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Al-Araf - 7:153
- Say: For myself I have no power to benefit, nor power to hurt, save that which Allah willeth. Had I knowledge of the Unseen, I should have abundance of wealth, and adversity would not touch me. I am but a warner, and a bearer of good tidings unto folk who believe.
Al-Araf - 7:188
- O ye who believe! Give your response to Allah and His Messenger, when He calleth you to that which will give you life; and know that Allah cometh in between a man and his heart, and that it is He to whom Ye shall (all) be gathered.
Al-Anfal - 8:24
- "Because Allah will never change the Grace which He hath bestowed on a people until they change what is in their (own) souls: and verily Allah is He Who heareth and knoweth (all things)."
Al-Anfal - 8:53
- And (moreover) He hath put affection between their hearts: not if thou hadst spent all that is in the earth, couldst thou have produced that affection, but Allah Hath done it: for He is Exalted in might, Wise.
Al-Anfal - 8:63
- Those who believed, and adopted exile and fought for the faith with their property and their persons, in the cause of Allah, as well as those who gave (them) asylum and aid they are (all) friends and protectors, one of another. As to those who believed but came not into exile, ye owe no duty of protection to them until they come not into exile, but if they seek your aid in religion it is your duty to help them, except against a people with whom ye have a treaty of mutual alliance: and (remember) Allah seeth all that ye do.
The Unbelievers are protectors, one of another: unless ye do this (protect each other) there would be tumult and oppression on earth, and great mischief.Al-Anfal - 8:72-73
- Fain would they extinguish Allah's light with their mouths but Allah will not allow but that His light should be perfected, even though the unbelievers may detest (it).
Al-Tawba - 9:32
- Mankind was but one nation, but differed (later). Had it not been for a word that went forth before from thy Lord, their differences would have been settled between them.
Yunus - 10:19
- And when We cause mankind to taste of mercy after some adversity which had afflicted them, behold! they have some plot against Our revelations. Say: Allah is more swift in plotting. Lo! Our messengers write down that which ye plot.
Yunus - 10:21
- He it is Who maketh you to go on the land and the sea till, when ye are in the ships and they sail with them with a fair breeze and they are glad therein, a storm-wind reacheth them and the wave cometh unto them from every side and they deem that they are overwhelmed therein; (then) they cry unto Allah, making their faith pure for Him only: If Thou deliver us from this, we truly will be of the thankful.
Yet when He hath delivered them, behold! they rebel in the earth wrongfully. O mankind! Your rebellion is only against yourselves. (Ye have) enjoyment of the life of the world; then unto Us is your return and We shall proclaim unto you what ye used to do.Yunus - 10:22-23
- Most of them follow not but conjecture. Assuredly conjecture can by no means take the place of truth. Lo! Allah is Aware of what they do.
Yunus - 10:36
- If they charge thee with falsehood, say: "My work to me, and yours to you! Ye are free from responsibility for what I do, and I for what ye do!"
Yunus - 10:41
- Among them are some who (pretend to) listen to thee: but canst thou make the deaf to hear even though they are without understanding?
And among them are some who look at thee: but canst thou guide the blind even though they will not see?
Verily Allah will not deal unjustly with man in aught: it is man that wrongs his own soul.Yunus - 10:42-44
- In whatever business thou mayest be, and whatever portion thou mayest be reciting from the Qur'an and whatever deed ye (mankind) may be doing, We are Witnesses thereof when ye are deeply engrossed therein. Nor is hidden from thy Lord (so much as) the weight of an atom on the earth or in heaven. And not the least and not the greatest of these things but are recorded in a clear Record.
Yunus - 10:61
- Be not then in doubt as to what these men worship. They worship nothing but what their fathers worshipped before (them): but verily We shall pay them back (in full) their portion without (the least) abatement.
Hud - 11:109
- If thy Lord had so willed, He could have made mankind one People: but they will not cease to dispute
Hud - 11:118
- For him are angels ranged before him and behind him, who guard him by Allah's command. Lo! Allah changeth not the condition of a folk until they (first) change that which is in their hearts; and if Allah willeth misfortune for a folk there is none that can repel it, nor have they a defender beside Him.
Al-Rad - 13:11
- Allah enlargeth livelihood for whom He will, and straiteneth (it for whom He will); and they rejoice in the life of the world, whereas the life of the world is but brief comfort as compared with the Hereafter.
Al-Rad - 13:26
- See they not that We gradually reduce the land (in their control) from its outlying borders? (Where) Allah commands there is none to put back His command: and He is swift in calling to account.
Those before them did (also) devise plots; but in all things the master planning is Allah's. He knoweth the doings of every soul: and soon will the Unbelievers know who gets home in the End.Al-Rad - 13:41-42
- Seest thou not that Allah created the heavens and the earth in Truth? If He so will, He can remove you and put (in your place) a new Creation?
Ibrahim - 14:19
- And He giveth you of all that ye ask for. But if ye count the favours of Allah never will ye be able to number them: verily, man is given up to injustice and ingratitude.
Ibrahim - 14:34
- And We destroyed no township but there was a known decree for it.
No nation can outstrip its term nor can they lag behind.Al-Hijr - 15:4-5
- And there is not a thing but with Us are the stores thereof. And we send it not down save in appointed measure.
Al-Hijr - 15:21
- And verily We know who go forward among you and verily We know the laggards.
Al-Hijr - 15:24
- He said: And who despaireth of the mercy of his Lord save those who are astray?
Al-Hijr - 15:56
- It is Allah who creates you and takes your souls at death; and of you there are some who are sent back to a feeble age, so that they know nothing after having known (much): for Allah is All-Knowing, All-Powerful.
An-Nahl - 16:70
- Allah has bestowed His gifts of sustenance more freely on some of you than on others; those more favoured are not going to throw back their gifts to those whom their right hands possess, so as to be equal in that respect. Will they then deny the favours of Allah?
An-Nahl - 16:71
- They recognise the favours of Allah; then they deny them; and most of them are (creatures) ungrateful.
An-Nahl - 16:83
- If Allah so willed, He could make you all one people: but He leaves straying whom He pleases and He guides whom He pleases: but ye shall certainly be called to account for all your actions.
An-Nahl - 16:93
- What is with you must vanish: what is with Allah will endure. And We will certainly bestow, on those who patiently persevere their reward according to the best of their actions.
An-Nahl - 16:96
- When thou dost read the Qur'an, seek Allah's protection from Satan the Rejected one.
No authority has he over those who believe and put their trust in their Lord.
His authority is over those only who take him as patron and who join partners with Allah.An-Nahl - 16:98-100
- Who receiveth guidance, receiveth it for his own benefit: who goeth astray doth so to his own loss: no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another: nor would We visit with Our Wrath until We had sent an messenger (to give warning).
Al-Isra - 17:15
- If any do wish for the transitory things (of this life), We readily grant them - such things as We will, to such persons as We will: in the end have We provided Hell for them: they will burn therein, disgraced and rejected.
Those who do wish for the (things of) the Hereafter, and strive therefor with all due striving, and have Faith - they are the ones whose striving is acceptable (to Allah).
Of the bounties of thy Lord We bestow freely on all these as well as those: the bounties of thy Lord are not closed (to anyone).Al-Isra - 17:18-20
- And when We make life pleasant unto man, he turneth away and is averse; and when ill toucheth him he is in despair.
Al-Isra - 17:83
- Say: "Everyone acts according to his own disposition: but your Lord knows best who it is that is best guided on the Way."
Al-Isra - 17:84
- See they not that Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth, has power to create the like of them (anew)? Only He has decreed a term appointed, of which there is no doubt. But the unjust refuse (to receive it) except with ingratitude.
Al-Isra - 17:99
- And say not of anything: Lo! I shall do that tomorrow
Except if Allah will. And remember thy Lord when thou forgettest, and say: It may be that my Lord guideth me unto a nearer way of truth than this.Al-Kahf - 18:23-24
- We created not the heaven and the earth and all that is between them in play.
Al-Anbiya - 21:16
- Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then We parted them, and we made every living thing of water? Will they not then believe?
Al-Anbiya - 21:30
- We appointed immortality for no mortal before thee. What! if thou diest, can they be immortal!
Every soul must taste of death, and We try you with evil and with good, for ordeal. And unto Us ye will be returned.Al-Anbiya - 21:34-35
- Man is a creature of haste: soon (enough) will I show you My Signs: then ye will not ask Me to hasten them!
Al-Anbiya - 21:37
- Or have they gods that can guard them from Us? They have no power to aid themselves, nor can they be defended from Us.
Nay, We gave the good things of this life to these men and their fathers until the period grew long for them; see they not that we gradually reduce the land (in their control) from its outlying borders? Is it then they who will win?Al-Anbiya - 21:43-44
- Lo! this, your religion, is one religion, and I am your Lord, so worship Me.
And they have broken their religion (into fragments) among them, (yet) all are returning unto Us.Al-Anbiya - 21:92-93
- But there is a ban on any population which We have destroyed: that they shall not return.
Until the Gog and Magog (people) are let through (their barrier), and they swiftly swarm from every hill.
Then will the True Promise draw nigh (of fulfillment): then behold! the eyes of the Unbelievers will fixedly stare in horror: "Ah! woe to us! we were indeed heedless of this; nay we truly did wrong!"Al-Anbiya - 21:95-97
- Lo! those who believe (this revelation), and those who are Jews, and the Sabaeans and the Christians and the Magians and the idolaters - Lo! Allah will decide between them on the Day of Resurrection. Lo! Allah is Witness over all things. (17)
Al-Hajj - 22:17
- That (is so). And whoso hath retaliated with the like of that which he was made to suffer and then hath (again) been wronged, Allah will succour him. Lo! Allah verily is Mild, Forgiving.
That is because Allah maketh the night to pass into the day and maketh the day to pass into the night, and because Allah is Hearer, Seer.Al-Hajj - 22:60-61
- And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, (with sincerity and under discipline): He has chosen you and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the cult of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this (Revelation); that the Messenger may be a witness for you, and ye be witnesses for mankind! So establish regular Prayer give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah! He is your Protector - the Best to protect and the Best to help!
Al-Hajj - 22:78
- And verily this Brotherhood of yours is a single Brotherhood and I am your Lord and Cherisher: therefore fear Me (and no other).
But people have cut off their affair (of unity), between them, into sects: each party rejoices in that which is with itself.
But leave them in their confused ignorance for a time.Al-Mumenoon - 23:52-54
- On no soul do We place a burden greater than it can bear: before Us is a record which clearly shows the truth: they will never be wronged.
Al-Mumenoon - 23:62
- Allah hath promised such of you as believe and do good work that He will surely make them to succeed (the present rulers) in the earth even as He caused those who were before them to succeed (others); and that He will surely establish for them their religion which He hath approved for them, and will give them in exchange safety after their fear. They serve Me. They ascribe no thing as partner unto Me. Those who disbelieve henceforth, they are the miscreants.
Al-Noor - 24:55
- Hast thou seen him who chooseth for his god his own lust? Wouldst thou then be guardian over him?
Or deemest thou that most of them hear or understand? They are but as the cattle - nay, but they are farther astrayAl-Furqan - 25:43-44
- And He it is Who makes the Night as a Robe for you; and Sleep as Repose and makes the Day (as it were) a Resurrection. Al-Furqan - 25:47
- Save him who repenteth and believeth and doth righteous work; as for such, Allah will change their evil deeds to good deeds. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.
Al-Furqan - 25:70
- And We destroyed no township but it had its warners
Al-Shuara - 26:208
- "But if any have done wrong and have thereafter substituted good to take the place of evil, truly I am Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Al-Naml - 27:11
- Thou seest the mountains and thinkest them firmly fixed: but they shall pass away as the clouds pass away: (such is) the artistry of Allah, Who disposes of all things in perfect order: for He is well-acquainted with all that ye do.
Al-Naml - 27:88
- They say: "If we were to follow the guidance with thee, we should be snatched away from our land." Have We not established for them a secure Sanctuary, to which are brought as tribute fruits of all kinds - a provision from Ourselves? But most of them understand not.
Al-Qasas - 28:57
- And whosoever striveth, striveth only for himself, for lo! Allah is altogether Independent of (His) creatures.
Al-Ankaboot - 29:6
- And such are the Parables We set forth for mankind, but only those understand them who have Knowledge.
Al-Ankaboot - 29:43
- O My servants who believe! Truly, spacious is My Earth: therefore serve ye Me (and Me alone)!
Al-Ankaboot - 29:56
- Every soul will taste of death. Then unto Us ye will be returned.
Al-Ankaboot - 29:57
- And when We cause mankind to taste of mercy they rejoice therein; but if an evil thing befall them as the consequence of their own deeds, lo! they are in despair!
See they not that Allah enlargeth the provision for whom He will, and straiteneth (it for whom He will). Lo! herein indeed are portents for folk who believe.Al-Room - 30:36-37
- That which ye give in usury in order that it may increase on (other) people's property hath no increase with Allah; but that which ye give in charity, seeking Allah's Countenance, hath increase manifold.
Al-Room - 30:39
- "O my son!" (said Luqman) "If there be (but) the weight of a mustard-seed and it were (hidden) in a rock, or (anywhere) in the heavens or on earth, Allah will bring it forth: for Allah understands the finer mysteries, (and) is well-acquainted (with them).
Luqman - 31:16
- O mankind! Do your duty to your Lord and fear (the coming of) a Day when no father can avail aught for his son nor a son, avail aught for his father. Verily, the promise of Allah is true: let not then this present life deceive you, nor let the Chief deceiver deceive you about Allah.
Luqman - 31:33
- Who made all things good which He created, and He began the creation of man from clay;
As-Sajda - 32:7
- Is then the man who believes no better than the man who is rebellious and wicked? No equal are they.
As-Sajda - 32:18
- The Prophet is closer to the believers than their selves, and his wives are (as) their mothers. And the owners of kinship are closer one to another in the ordinance of Allah than (other) believers and the fugitives (who fled from Mecca), except that ye should do kindness to your friends. This is written in the Book (of nature).
Al-Ahzab - 33:6
- Say: "Who is it that can screen you from Allah if it be His wish to give you Punishment or to give you Mercy?" Nor will they find for themselves, besides Allah any protector or helper.
Al-Ahzab - 33:17
- O Prophet! Say unto thy wives: If ye desire the world's life and its adornment, come! I will content you and will release you with a fair release.
But if ye desire Allah and His messenger and the abode of the Hereafter, then lo! Allah hath prepared for the good among you an immense reward.Al-Ahzab - 33:28-29
- We did indeed offer the Trust to the Heavens and the Earth and the Mountains: but they refused to undertake it, being afraid thereof: but man undertook it - he was indeed unjust and foolish
Al-Ahzab - 33:72
- There was for Saba, aforetime, a Sign in their homeland - two Gardens to the right and to the left. Eat of the Sustenance (provided) by your Lord, and be grateful to Him: a territory fair and happy, and a Lord Oft-Forgiving!
But they turned away (from Allah), and We sent against them the flood (released) from the Dams, and We converted their two garden (rows) into "gardens" producing bitter fruit, and tamarisks, and some few (stunted) Lote - trees.
That was the Requital We gave them because they ungratefully rejected Faith: and never do We give (such) requital except to such as are ungrateful rejecters.Saba - 34:15-17
- And Allah did create you from dust; then from a sperm-drop; then He made you in pairs. And no female conceives, or lays down (her load), but with His knowledge. Nor is a man long-lived granted length of days, nor is a part cut off from his life, but is in a Decree (ordained). All this is easy for Allah.
Fatir - 35:11
- Glory to Allah, Who created in pairs all things that the earth produces as well as their own (human) kind and (other) things of which they have no knowledge.
Ya-Seen - 36:36
- He hath created the heavens and the earth with truth. He maketh night to succeed day, and He maketh day to succeed night, and He constraineth the sun and the moon to give service, each running on for an appointed term. Is not He the Mighty, the Forgiver?
Az-Zumar - 39:5
- Is one who worships devoutly during the hours of the night prostrating himself or standing (in adoration), who takes heed of the Hereafter, and who places his hope in the Mercy of his Lord - (like one who does not)? Say: "Are those equal, those who know and those who do not know? It is those who are endued with understanding that receive admonition."
Az-Zumar - 39:9
- Say: "Verily, I am commanded to serve Allah with sincere devotion;
Az-Zumar - 39:11
- Say: "It is Allah I serve, with my sincere (and exclusive) devotion:
Az-Zumar - 39:14
- Therefor (O believers) pray unto Allah, making religion pure for Him (only), however much the disbelievers be averse
Al-Momin - 40:14
- Lo! We verily do help Our messengers, and those who believe, in the life of the world and on the day when the witnesses arise
Al-Momin - 40:51
- And We assigned them comrades (in the world), who made their present and their past fairseeming unto them. And the Word concerning nations of the jinn and humankind who passed away before them hath effect for them. Verily they were ever losers.
Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:25
- Among His Signs are the Night and the Day and the sun and Moon. Adore not the Sun and the Moon but adore Allah Who created them if it is Him ye wish to serve.
Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:37
- Whoever works righteousness benefits his own soul; whoever works evil, it is against his own soul: nor is thy Lord ever unjust (in the least) to His servants.
Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:46
- Man does not weary of asking for good (things), but if ill touches him, he gives up all hope (and) is lost in despair.
Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:49
- When We show favour unto man, he withdraweth and turneth aside, but when ill toucheth him then he aboundeth in prayer.
Bethink you: If it is from Allah and ye reject it - Who is further astray than one who is at open feud (with Allah)?Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:51-52
- And in whatsoever ye differ, the verdict therein belongeth to Allah. Such is my Lord, in Whom I put my trust, and unto Whom I turn.
Ash-Shura - 42:10
- Whoso desireth the harvest of the Hereafter, We give him increase in its harvest. And whoso desireth the harvest of the world, We give him thereof, and he hath no portion in the Hereafter.
Ash-Shura - 42:20
- If Allah were to enlarge the provision for His Servants, they would indeed transgress beyond all bounds through the earth; but He sends (it) down in due measure as He pleases: For He is with His Servants Well-acquainted, Watchful.
Ash-Shura - 42:27
- Whatever misfortune happens to you, is because of the things your hands have wrought, and for many (of them) He grants forgiveness.
Ash-Shura - 42:30
- Now whatever ye have been given is but a passing comfort for the life of the world, and that which Allah hath is better and more lasting for those who believe and put their trust in their Lord
Ash-Shura - 42:36
- And they will have no protecting friends to help them instead of Allah. He whom Allah sendeth astray, for him there is no road.
Ash-Shura - 42:46
- Unto Allah belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. He createth what He will. He bestoweth female (offspring) upon whom He will, and bestoweth male (offspring) upon whom He will;
Or He mingleth them, males and females, and He maketh barren whom He will. Lo! He is Knower, Powerful.Ash-Shura - 42:49-50
- That has created pairs in all things, and has made for you ships and cattle on which ye ride
In order that ye may sit firm and square on their backs, and when so seated, ye may celebrate the (kind) favour of your Lord, and say "Glory to Him Who has subjected these to Our (use), for We could never have accomplished this (by ourselves).Az-Zukhruf - 43:12-13
- Is it they who apportion thy Lord's mercy? We have apportioned among them their livelihood in the life of the world, and raised some of them above others in rank that some of them may take labour from others; and the mercy of thy Lord is better than (the wealth) that they amass.
Az-Zukhruf - 43:32
- Is it they who apportion thy Lord's mercy? We have apportioned among them their livelihood in the life of the world, and raised some of them above others in rank that some of them may take labour from others; and the mercy of thy Lord is better than (the wealth) that they amass.
And were it not that mankind would have become one community, We might well have appointed, for those who disbelieve in the Beneficent, roofs of silver for their houses and stairs (of silver) whereby to mount
And for their houses doors (of silver) and couches of silver whereon to recline
And ornaments of gold. Yet all that would have been but a provision of the life of the world. And the Hereafter with your Lord would have been for those who keep from evil.Az-Zukhruf - 43:32-35
- Or deem they that We cannot hear their secret thoughts and private confidences? Nay, but Our envoys, present with them, do record.
Az-Zukhruf - 43:80
- Then We put thee on the (right) Way of Religion: so follow thou that (Way), and follow not the desires of those who know not.
Al-Jathiya - 45:18
- And Allah hath created the heavens and the earth with truth, and that every soul may be repaid what it hath earned. And they will not be wronged.
Al-Jathiya - 45:22
- This Our Book pronounceth against you with truth. Lo! We have caused (all) that ye did to be recorded.
Al-Jathiya - 45:29
- We created not the heavens and the earth and all between them but for just ends, and for a term appointed: but those who reject Faith turn away from that whereof they are warned.
Al-Ahqaf - 46:3
- O ye who believe! If ye help Allah, He will help you and will make your foothold firm.
Muhammad - 47:7
- And those who believe say: If only a surah were revealed! But when a decisive surah is revealed and war is mentioned therein, thou seest those in whose hearts is a disease looking at thee with the look of men fainting unto death. Therefor woe unto them!
Obedience and a civil word. Then, when the matter is determined, if they are loyal to Allah it will be well for them.Muhammad - 47:20-21
- The life of this world is but play and amusement: and if ye believe and guard against Evil, He will grant you your recompense, and will not ask you (to give up) your possessions.
Muhammad - 47:36
- Lo! ye are those who are called to spend in the way of Allah, yet among you there are some who hoard. And as for him who hoardeth, he hoardeth only from his soul. And Allah is the Rich, and ye are the poor. And if ye turn away He will exchange you for some other folk, and they will not be the likes of you.
Muhammad - 47:38
- Lo! those who swear allegiance unto thee (Muhammad), swear allegiance only unto Allah. The Hand of Allah is above their hands. So whosoever breaketh his oath, breaketh it only to his soul's hurt; while whosoever keepeth his covenant with Allah, on him will He bestow immense reward.
Al-Fath - 48:10
- Allah was well pleased with the believers when they swore allegiance unto thee beneath the tree, and He knew what was in their hearts, and He sent down peace of reassurance on them, and hath rewarded them with a near victory;
Al-Fath - 48:18
- (Such has been) the practice of Allah already in the past: no change wilt thou find in the practice (approved) of Allah.
Al-Fath - 48:23
- We verily created man and We know what his soul whispereth to him, and We are nearer to him than his jugular vein.
Qaf - 50:16
- It was We who created man, and We know what dark suggestions his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein.
Behold two (guardian angels) appointed to learn (his doings) learn (and note them), one sitting on the right and one on the left.
Not a word does he utter but there is a sentinel by him, ready (to note it).Qaf - 50:16-18
- I have only created jinns and men, that they may serve Me.
No sustenance do I require of them nor do I require that they should feed Me.Adh-Dhariyat - 51:56-57
- Nay, shall man have (just) anything he hankers after?
But it is to Allah that the End and the Beginning (of all things) belong.An-Najm - 53:24-25
- Namely, that no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another
That man can have nothing but what he strives for
That (the fruit of) his striving will soon come in sight
Then will he be rewarded with a reward complete
That to thy Lord is the final GoalAn-Najm - 53:38-42
- The hour drew nigh and the moon was rent in twain.
And if they behold a portent they turn away and say: Prolonged illusion.
They denied (the Truth) and followed their own lusts. Yet everything will come to a decisionAl-Qamar - 54:1-3
- All that is on earth will perish;
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord - full of Majesty, Bounty and Honour.Ar-Rahman - 55:26-27
- Do ye bring it Down (in rain) from the Cloud or do We?
Were it Our Will, We could make it salt (and unpalatable): then why do ye not give thanks?Al-Waqia - 56:69-70
- Know that the life of the world is only play, and idle talk, and pageantry, and boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children; as the likeness of vegetation after rain, whereof the growth is pleasing to the husbandman, but afterward it drieth up and thou seest it turning yellow, then it becometh straw. And in the Hereafter there is grievous punishment, and (also) forgiveness from Allah and His good pleasure, whereas the life of the world is but matter of illusion.
Al-Hadid - 57:20
- No misfortune can happen on earth or in your souls but is recorded in a decree before We bring it into existence: that is truly easy for Allah:
Al-Hadid - 57:22
- We verily sent Our messengers with clear proofs, and revealed with them the Scripture and the Balance, that mankind may observe right measure; and He revealed iron, wherein is mighty power and (many) uses for mankind, and that Allah may know him who helpeth Him and His messengers, though unseen. Lo! Allah is Strong, Almighty.
Al-Hadid - 57:25
- It may be that Allah will ordain love between you and those of them with whom ye are at enmity. Allah is Mighty, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Al-Mumtahina - 60:7
- The likeness of those who are entrusted with the Law of Moses, yet apply it not, is as the likeness of the ass carrying books. Wretched is the likeness of folk who deny the revelations of Allah. And Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.
Al-Jumua - 62:5
- He it is Who created you, but one of you is a disbeliever and one of you is a believer, and Allah is Seer of what ye do. At-Taghabun - 64:2
- He created the heavens and the earth with truth, and He shaped you and made good your shapes, and unto Him is the journeying.
At-Taghabun - 64:3
- Obey Allah and obey His messenger; but if ye turn away, then the duty of Our messenger is only to convey (the message) plainly.
At-Taghabun - 64:12
- He it is Who hath made the earth subservient unto you, so Walk in the paths thereof and eat of His providence. And unto Him will be the resurrection (of the dead).
Al-Mulk - 67:15
- What is the matter with you? How judge ye?
Al-Qalam - 68:36
- That ye shall indeed have all that ye choose?
Or have ye a covenant on oath from Us that reacheth to the Day of Judgment, that yours shall be all that ye ordain?Al-Qalam - 68:38-39
- Now I do call to witness the Lord of all points in the East and the West that We can certainly
Substitute for them better (men) than they; and We are not to be defeated (in Our Plan).
So leave them to plunge in vain talk and play about, until they encounter that Day of theirs which they have been promised!Al-Maarij - 70:40-42
- Till (the day) when they shall behold that which they are promised (they may doubt); but then they will know (for certain) who is weaker in allies and less in multitude.
Al-Jinn - 72:24
- And bear with patience what they utter, and part from them with a fair leave-taking.
Leave Me to deal with the deniers, lords of ease and comfort (in this life); and do thou respite them awhile.Al-Muzzammil - 73:10-11
- Did We not create you from a base fluid
Which We laid up in a safe abode
For a known term?
Thus We determined (things). How excellent is Our determining!
Woe unto the repudiators on that day!Al-Mursalat - 77:20-24
- There is no soul but has a protector over it
At-Tariq - 86:4
- Have We not expanded thee thy breast?
And removed from thee thy burden
The which did gall thy back?
And raised high the esteem (in which) thou (art held)?
So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief:
Verily with every difficulty there is relief.
Therefore, when thou art free (from thine immediate task), still labour hard
And to thy Lord turn (all) thy attention.Ash-Sharh - 94:1-8
- We have indeed created man in the best of moulds
Then do We abase him (to be) the lowest of the low
Except such as believe and do righteous deeds: for they shall have a reward unfailing.At-Tin - 95:4-6