Excerpts from Quran: Accountability, Reward and Punishment and the Day of Judgment
- Then guard yourselves against a day when one soul shall not avail another nor shall intercession be accepted for her, nor shall compensation be taken from her nor shall anyone be helped (from outside).
Al-Baqara - 2:48
- Such are those who buy the life of the world at the price of the Hereafter. Their punishment will not be lightened, neither will they have support.
Al-Baqara - 2:86
- Those are a people who have passed away. Theirs is that which they earned, and yours is that which ye earn. And ye will not be asked of what they used to do.
Al-Baqara - 2:134
- Beautified is the life of the world for those who disbelieve; they make a jest of the believers. But those who keep their duty to Allah will be above them on the Day of Resurrection. Allah giveth without stint to whom He will.
Al-Baqara - 2:212
- Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of Bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They encountered suffering and adversity and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: "When (will come) the help of Allah?" Ah! verily the help of Allah is (always) near!
Al-Baqara - 2:214
- The parable of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is that of a grain of corn: it groweth seven ears, and each ear hath a hundred grains. Allah giveth manifold increase to whom He pleaseth; and Allah careth for all and He knoweth all things.
Those who spend their wealth in the cause of Allah and follow not up their gifts with reminders of their generosity or with injury, for them their reward is with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
Kind words and the covering of faults are better than charity followed by injury. Allah is free of all wants, and He is Most Forbearing.Al-Baqara - 2:261-263
- Those who (in charity) spend of their goods by night and by day, in secret, and in public, have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
Al-Baqara - 2:274
- Those who devour usury will not stand except as stands one whom the Evil One by his touch hath driven to madness. That is because they say: "Trade is like usury, but Allah hath permitted trade and forbidden usury. Those who after receiving direction from their Lord, desist, shall be pardoned for the past; their case is for Allah (to judge); but those who repeat (the offence) are companions of the Fire: they will abide therein (for ever).
Allah will deprive usury of all blessing, but will give increase for deeds of charity: for He loveth not creatures ungrateful and wicked.Al-Baqara - 2:275-276
- Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear nor shall they grieve.
Al-Baqara - 2:277
- (On that Day) neither the riches nor the progeny of those who disbelieve will aught avail them with Allah. They will be fuel for Fire.
Like Pharaoh's folk and those who were before them, they disbelieved Our revelations and so Allah seized them for their sins. And Allah is severe in punishment.Aal-e-Imran - 3:10-11
- Fair in the eyes of men is the love of things they covet: women and sons; heaped-up hoards of gold and silver; horses branded (for blood and excellence); and (wealth of) cattle and well-tilled land. Such are the possessions of this world's life; but in nearness to Allah is the best of the goals (to return to).
Say: shall I give you glad tidings of things far better than those? For the righteous are Gardens in nearness to their Lord with rivers flowing beneath; therein is their eternal home; with companions pure (and holy) and the good pleasure of Allah. For in Allah's sight are (all) His servants.Aal-e-Imran - 3:14-15
- As to those who deny the Signs of Allah, and in defiance of right, slay the Prophets, and slay those who teach just dealing with mankind, announce to them a grievous penalty.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:21
- "On the day when every soul will be confronted with all the good it has done, and all the evil it has done, it will wish there were a great distance between it and its evil. But Allah cautions you (to fear) Him. And Allah is full of kindness to those that serve Him.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:30
- Lo! those who purchase a small gain at the cost of Allah's covenant and their oaths, they have no portion in the Hereafter. Allah will neither speak to them nor look upon them on the Day of Resurrection, nor will He make them grow. Theirs will be a painful doom.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:77
- What they spend in the life of this (material) world may be likened to a wind which brings a nipping frost: it strikes and destroys the harvest of men who have wronged their own souls; it is not Allah that hath wronged, them but they wrong themselves.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:117
- Nor can a soul die except by Allah's leave the term being fixed as by writing. If any do desire a reward in this life, We shall give it to him; and if any do desire a reward in the Hereafter, We shall give it to him. And swiftly shall We reward those that (serve Us with) gratitude.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:145
- Those who purchase unbelief at the price of faith, not the least harm will they do to Allah, but they will have a grievous punishment.
Let not the Unbelievers think that our respite to them is good for themselves: We grant them respite that they may grow in their iniquity: but they will have a shameful punishment.Aal-e-Imran - 3:177-178
- And let not those who hoard up that which Allah hath bestowed upon them of His bounty think that it is better for them. Nay, it is worse for them. That which they hoard will be their collar on the Day of Resurrection. Allah's is the heritage of the heavens and the earth, and Allah is Informed of what ye do.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:180
- Every soul will taste of death. And ye will be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which ye have fairly earned. Whoso is removed from the Fire and is made to enter paradise, he indeed is triumphant. The life of this world is but comfort of illusion.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:185
- And their Lord hath heard them (and He saith): Lo! I suffer not the work of any worker, male or female, to be lost. Ye proceed one from another. So those who fled and were driven forth from their homes and suffered damage for My cause, and fought and were slain, verily I shall remit their evil deeds from them and verily I shall bring them into Gardens underneath which rivers flow - A reward from Allah. And with Allah is the fairest of rewards.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:195
- Let not the vicissitude (of the success) of those who disbelieve, in the land, deceive thee (O Muhammad).
It is but a brief comfort. And afterward their habitation will be hell, an ill abode.Aal-e-Imran - 3:196-197
- But those who disobey Allah and His Messenger and transgress His limits will be admitted to a Fire to abide therein: and they shall have a humiliating punishment.
An-Nisa - 4:14
- If ye avoid the great (things) which ye are forbidden, We will remit from you your evil deeds and make you enter at a noble gate.
An-Nisa - 4:31
- Allah is never unjust in the least degree: if there is any good (done) He doubleth it, and giveth from His own presence a great reward.
An-Nisa - 4:40
- On that day those who disbelieved and disobeyed the messenger will wish that they were level with the ground, and they can hide no fact from Allah.
An-Nisa - 4:42
- Those who reject Our Signs We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
An-Nisa - 4:56
- But those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, We shall soon admit to Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath, their eternal home: therein shall they have spouses pure and holy: We shall admit them to shades, cool and ever deepening.
An-Nisa - 4:57
- Whoso obeyeth Allah and the messenger, they are with those unto whom Allah hath shown favour, of the prophets and the saints and the martyrs and the righteous. The best of company are they!
That is bounty from Allah, and Allah sufficeth as Knower.An-Nisa - 4:69-70
- If a man kills a Believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell, to abide therein (for ever): and the wrath and the curse of Allah are upon him, and a dreadful penalty is prepared for him.
An-Nisa - 4:93
- Because of the wrongdoing of the Jews We forbade them good things which were (before) made lawful unto them, and because of their much hindering from Allah's way.
And of their taking usury when they were forbidden it, and of their devouring people's wealth by false pretences, We have prepared for those of them who disbelieve a painful doom.An-Nisa - 4:160-161
- The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter.
Al-Maeda - 5:33
- As to those who reject Faith, if they had everything on earth, and twice repeated, to give as ransom for the penalty of the Day of Judgment, it would never be accepted of them. Theirs would be a grievous penalty.
Al-Maeda - 5:36
- Allah will say: "This is a day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath, their eternal home: Allah well-pleased with them and they with Allah: that is the great Salvation (the fulfillment of all desires).
Al-Maeda - 5:119
- And now they reject the truth when it reaches them: but soon shall they learn the reality of what they used to mock at.
See they not how many of those before them We did destroy? Generations We had established on the earth, in strength such as We have not given to you, for whom We poured out rain from the skies in abundance, and gave streams flowing beneath their (feet): yet for their sins We destroyed them, and raised in their wake fresh generations (to succeed them).Al-Anaam - 6:5-6
- They indeed are losers who deny their meeting with Allah until, when the Hour cometh on them suddenly, they cry: Alas for us, that we neglected it! They bear upon their backs their burdens. Ah, evil is that which they bear!
Al-Anaam - 6:31
- Say: "Think ye to yourselves, if there come upon you the Wrath of Allah or the Hour (that ye dread), would ye then call upon other than Allah? (Reply) if ye are truthful!
Al-Anaam - 6:40
- Say: "Think ye, if Allah took away your hearing and your sight, and sealed up your hearts who a god other than Allah, could restore them to you? See how We explain the Signs by various (symbols): Yet they turn aside.
Say: "Think ye, if the punishment of Allah comes to you, whether suddenly or openly, will any be destroyed except those who do wrong?"Al-Anaam - 6:46-47
- Leave alone those who take their religion to be mere play and amusement, and are deceived by the life of this world. But proclaim (to them) this (truth): that every soul delivers itself to ruin by its own acts: it will find for itself no protector or intercessor except Allah: if it offered every ransom, (or reparation), none will be accepted: such is (the end of) those who deliver themselves to ruin by their own acts: they will have for drink (only) boiling water, and for punishment one most grievous: for they persisted in rejecting Allah.
Al-Anaam - 6:70
- "And behold! ye come to Us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: Ye have left behind you all (the favours) which We bestowed on you: We see not with you your intercessors whom ye thought to be partners in your affairs: so now all relations between you have been cut off, and your (pet) fancies have left you in the lurch!"
Al-Anaam - 6:94
- In the day when He will gather them together (He will say): O ye assembly of the jinn! Many of humankind did ye seduce. And their adherents among humankind will say: Our Lord! We enjoyed one another, but now we have arrived at the appointed term which Thou appointedst for us. He will say: Fire is your home. Abide therein for ever, save him whom Allah willeth (to deliver). Lo! thy Lord is Wise, Aware.
Al-Anaam - 6:128
- Are they waiting to see if the angels come to them, or thy Lord (Himself), or certain of the signs of thy Lord! The day that certain of the signs of thy Lord do come, no good will it do to a soul to believe in them then, if it believed not before nor earned righteousness through its Faith. Say: "Wait ye: we too are waiting."
Al-Anaam - 6:158
- He that doeth good shall have ten times as much to his credit: he that doeth evil shall only be recompensed according to his evil. no wrong shall be done unto (any of) them.
Al-Anaam - 6:160
- Say: Shall I seek another than Allah for Lord, when He is Lord of all things? Each soul earneth only on its own account, nor doth any laden bear another's load. Then unto your Lord is your return and He will tell you that wherein ye differed.
Al-Anaam - 6:164
- How many towns have We destroyed (for their sins)? Our punishment took them on a sudden by night or while they slept for their afternoon rest.
When (thus) our punishment took them, no cry did they utter but this "indeed we did wrong."Al-Araf - 7:4-5
- To every people is a term appointed: when their term is reached not an hour can they cause delay, nor (an hour) can they advance (it in anticipation).
Al-Araf - 7:34
- But those who believe and work righteousness no burden do We place on any soul, but that which it can bear - they will be companions of the Garden therein to dwell (forever).
Al-Araf - 7:42
- Who took their religion for a sport and pastime, and whom the life of the world beguiled. So this day We have forgotten them even as they forgot the meeting of this day of theirs Day and as they used to deny Our tokens.
Al-Araf - 7:51
- If the people of the towns had but believed and feared Allah, We should indeed have opened out to them (all kinds of) blessings from heaven and earth; but they rejected (the truth) and We brought them to book for their misdeeds.
Did the people of the towns feel secure against the coming of our wrath by night while they were asleep?
Or else did they feel secure against its coming in broad daylight while they played about (carefree)?
Did they then fell secure against the plan of Allah? but no one can feel secure from the plan of Allah, except those (doomed) to ruin!Al-Araf - 7:96-99
- O ye who believe! If ye keep your duty to Allah, He will give you discrimination (between right and wrong) and will rid you of your evil thoughts and deeds, and will forgive you. Allah is of Infinite bounty.
Al-Anfal - 8:29
- So let not their riches nor their children astonish thee (O Muhammad). Allah thereby intendeth but to punish them in the life of the world and that their souls shall pass away while they are disbelievers.
Al-Tawba - 9:55
- Allah hath promised the Hypocrites men and women, and the rejecters of Faith, the fire of Hell: therein shall they dwell: sufficient is it for them: for them is the curse of Allah and an enduring punishment
Al-Tawba - 9:68
- The Believers men and women, are protectors one of another: they enjoin what is just, and forbid what is evil: they observe regular prayers, practice regular charity, and obey Allah and His Messenger. On them will Allah pour His mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise.
Allah hath promised to Believers men and women Gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein, and beautiful mansions in Gardens of everlasting stay. but the greatest bliss in the Good Pleasure of Allah: that is the Supreme Felicity.Al-Tawba - 9:71-72
- Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.
Al-Tawba - 9:111
- Lo! those who expect not the meeting with Us but desire the life of the world and feel secure therein, and those who are neglectful of Our revelations
Their home will be the Fire because of what they used to earn.Yunus - 10:7-8
- We destroyed the generations before you when they did wrong; and their messengers (from Allah) came unto them with clear proofs (of His Sovereignty) but they would not believe. Thus do We reward the guilty folk.
Yunus - 10:13
- For those who do good is the best (reward) and more (thereto). Neither dust nor ignominy cometh near their faces. Such are rightful owners of the Garden; they will abide therein.
And those who earn ill-deeds, (for them) requital of each ill-deed by the like thereof; and ignominy overtaketh them - They have no protector from Allah - as if their faces had been covered with a cloak of darkest night. Such are rightful owners of the Fire; they will abide therein.Yunus - 10:26-27
- Say: Have ye thought: When His doom cometh unto you as a raid by night, or in the (busy) day; what is there of it that the guilty ones desire to hasten?
Is it (only) then, when it hath befallen you, that ye will believe? What! (Believe) now, when (until now) ye have been hastening it on (through disbelief)?Yunus - 10:50-51
- And if each soul that doeth wrong had all that is in the earth it would seek to ransom itself therewith; and they will feel remorse within them, when they see the doom. But it hath been judged between them fairly and they are not wronged.
Yunus - 10:54
- Those who believe and keep their duty (to Allah).
Theirs are good tidings in the life of the world and in the Hereafter - There is no changing the Words of Allah - that is the Supreme Triumph.Yunus - 10:63-64
- A little enjoyment in this world! and then to Us will be their return. Then shall We make them taste the severest Penalty for their blasphemies.
Yunus - 10:70
- They said: O Noah! Thou hast disputed with us and multiplied disputation with us; now bring upon us that wherewith thou threatenest us, if thou art of the truthful.
He said: Only Allah will bring it upon you if He will, and ye can by no means escape.
My counsel will not profit you if I were minded to advise you, if Allah's will is to keep you astray. He is your Lord and unto Him ye will be brought back.Hud - 11:32-34
- When Our decree issued, We turned (the cities) upside down and rained down on them brimstones hard as baked clay, spread, layer on layer
Hud - 11:82
- When Our decree issued, We saved Shuaib and those who believed with him, by (special) Mercy from Ourselves: but the (mighty) Blast did seize the wrongdoers, and they lay prostrate in their homes by the morning
As if they had never dwelt and flourished there! Ah! behold! How the Madyan were removed (from sight) as were removed the Thamud!Hud - 11:94-95
- These are some of the stories of communities which We relate unto thee: of them some are standing, and some have been mown down (by the sickle of time).
It was not We that wronged them: they wronged their own souls: the deities, other than Allah, whom they invoked, profited them no whit when there issued the decree of thy Lord: nor did they add aught (to their lot) but perdition!
Such is the penalty of thy Lord when He chastises communities in the midst of their wrong: grievous, indeed, and severe is His chastisement.
In that is a Sign for those who fear the Penalty of the Hereafter: that is a Day for which mankind will be gathered together: that will be a Day of Testimony.Hud - 11:100-103
- The day it arrives, no soul shall speak except by His leave: of those (gathered) some will be wretched and some will be blessed.
Those who are wretched shall be in the Fire: there will be for them therein (nothing but) the heaving of sighs and sobs:
They will dwell therein for all the time that the heavens and the earth endure, except as thy Lord willeth: for thy Lord is the (sure) Accomplisher of what He planneth.Hud - 11:105-107
- Be not then in doubt as to what these men worship. They worship nothing but what their fathers worshipped before (them): but verily We shall pay them back (in full) their portion without (the least) abatement.
Hud - 11:109
- Nor would thy Lord be the One to destroy communities for a single wrongdoing if its members were likely to mend.
Hud - 11:117
- And most of them believe not in Allah without associating (others as partners) with Him!
Do they then feel secure from the coming against them of the covering veil of the wrath of Allah - Or of the coming against them of the (final) Hour all of a sudden while they perceive not?Yusuf - 12:106-107
- If thou dost marvel (at their want of faith), strange is their saying: "When we are (actually) dust, shall we indeed then be in a creation renewed?" They are those who deny their Lord! They are those round whose necks will be yokes (of servitude): they will be Companions of the Fire, who dwell therein (for aye)!
They ask thee to hasten on the evil in preference to the good: yet have come to pass, before them, (many) exemplary punishments! But verily thy Lord is full of forgiveness for mankind for their wrongdoing: and verily thy Lord is (also) strict in punishment.Al-Rad - 13:5-6
- Is then one who doth know that that which hath been revealed unto these from thy Lord is the Truth, like one who is blind? It is those who are endued with understanding that receive admonition
Those who fulfil the Covenant of Allah and fail not in their plighted word;
Those who join together those things which Allah hath commanded to be joined, hold their Lord in awe, and fear the terrible reckoning;
Those who patiently persevere, seeking the countenance their Lord; establish regular prayers; spend out of (the gifts) We have bestowed for their sustenance, secretly and openly; and turn off Evil with good: for such there is the final attainment of the (Eternal) Home
Gardens of perpetual bliss: they shall enter there, as well as the righteous among their fathers, their spouses, and their offspring: and angels shall enter unto them from every gate (with the salutation):
"Peace unto you for that ye persevered in patience! Now how excellent is the final Home!"Al-Rad - 13:19-24
- Whether We let thee see something of that which We have promised them, or make thee die (before its happening), thine is but conveyance (of the message). Ours the reckoning.
Al-Rad - 13:40
- They will all be marshalled before Allah together: then will the weak say to those who were arrogant, "For us, we but followed you; can ye then avail us at all against the Wrath of Allah?" They will reply, "If we had received the guidance of Allah, we should have given it to you: to us it makes no difference (now) whether we rage, or bear (these torments) with patience: for ourselves there is no way of escape."
Ibrahim - 14:21
- Think not that Allah doth not heed the deeds of those who do wrong. He but giveth them respite against a Day when the eyes will fixedly stare in horror
Ibrahim - 14:42
- One day the Earth will be changed to a different Earth, and so will be the Heavens, and (men) will be marshalled forth, before Allah the One, the Irresistible;
Ibrahim - 14:48
- But the (mighty) Blast overtook them before morning
And We turned (the Cities) upside down, and rained down on them brimstones hard as baked clay.
Behold! in this are Signs for those who by tokens do understand.
And the (cities were) right on the highroad.
Behold! in this is a Sign for those who believe!
And the Companions of the Wood were also wrongdoers;
So We exacted retribution from them. They were both on an open highway, plain to see.
The Companions of the Rocky Tract also rejected the messengers:
We sent them Our Signs, but they persisted in turning away from them.
Out of the mountains did they hew (their) edifices (feeling themselves) secure.
But the (mighty) Blast seized them of a morning
And of no avail to them was all that they did (with such art and care)!Al-Hijr - 15:73-84
- That they may bear their burdens undiminished on the Day of Resurrection, with somewhat of the burdens of those whom they mislead without knowledge. Ah! evil is that which they bear!
An-Nahl - 16:25
- Those before them plotted, so Allah struck at the foundations of their building, and then the roof fell down upon them from above them, and the doom came on them whence they knew not;
An-Nahl - 16:26
- And they swear by Allah their most binding oaths (that) Allah will not raise up him who dieth. Nay, but it is a promise (binding) upon Him in truth, but most of mankind know not
An-Nahl - 16:38
- And those who became fugitives for the cause of Allah after they had been oppressed, We verily shall give them goodly lodging in the world, and surely the reward of the Hereafter is greater, if they but knew;
Such as are steadfast and put their trust in Allah.An-Nahl - 16:41-42
- Do then those who devise evil (plots) feel secure that Allah will not cause the earth to swallow them up, or that the Wrath will not seize them from directions they little perceive?
Or that He may not call them to account in the midst of their goings to and fro without a chance of their frustrating Him?
Or that He may not call them to account by a process of slow wastage - for thy Lord is indeed Full of kindness and Mercy.An-Nahl - 16:45-47
- If Allah were to punish men for their wrongdoing, He would not leave, on the (earth), a single living creature: but He gives them respite for a stated Term: when their Term expires they would not be able to delay (the punishment) for a single hour, just as they would not be able to anticipate it (for a single hour).
An-Nahl - 16:61
- Whoever works righteousness, man or woman and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a life that is good and pure, and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions.
An-Nahl - 16:97
- One Day every soul will come up struggling for itself, and every soul will be recompensed (fully) for all its actions, and none will be unjustly dealt with.
An-Nahl - 16:111
- Allah sets forth a parable: a city enjoying security and quiet, abundantly supplied with sustenance from every place: yet was it ungrateful for the favours of Allah: so Allah made it taste of hunger and terror (in extremes) (closing in on it) like a garment (from every side), because of the (evil) which (its people) wrought.
An-Nahl - 16:112
- And We decreed for the Children of Israel in the Scripture: Ye verily will work corruption in the earth twice, and ye will become great tyrants.
So when the time for the first of the two came, We roused against you slaves of Ours of great might who ravaged (your) country, and it was a threat performed.
Then we gave you once again your turn against them, and We aided you with wealth and children and made you more in soldiery.
(Saying): If ye do good, ye do good for your own souls, and if ye do evil, it is for them (in like manner). So, when the time for the second (of the judgments) came (We roused against you others of Our slaves) to ravage you, and to enter the Temple even as they entered it the first time, and to lay waste all that they conquered with an utter wasting.
It may be that your Lord will have mercy on you, but if ye repeat (the crime) We shall repeat (the punishment), and We have appointed hell a dungeon for the disbelievers.Al-Isra - 17:4-8
- Every man's fate We have fastened on his own neck: on the Day of Judgment We shall bring out for him a scroll, which he will see spread open.
(It will be said to him:) "Read thine (own) record: sufficient is thy soul this day to make out an account against thee."Al-Isra - 17:13-14
- When We decide to destroy a population, We (first) send a definite order to those among them who are given the good things of this life and yet transgress; so that the word is proved true against them: then We destroy them utterly.
How many generations have We destroyed after Noah? And enough is thy Lord to note and see the sins of His servants.Al-Isra - 17:16-17
- And pursue not that of which thou hast no knowledge; for every act of hearing, or of seeing or of (feeling in) will be enquired into (on the Day of Reckoning).
Al-Isra - 17:36
- They say: "What! when we are reduced to bones and dust, should we really be raised up (to be) a new creation?"
Say: "(Nay!) be ye stones or iron
"Or created matter which, in your minds, is hardest (to be raised up) - (yet shall ye be raised up)!" Then will they say: "Who will cause us to return?" Say: "He Who created you first!" Then will they wag their heads towards thee, and say "When will that be?" Say "May be it will be quite soon!Al-Isra - 17:49-51
- When distress seizes you at sea, those that ye call upon― besides Himself leave you in the lurch! but when He brings you back safe to land, ye turn away (from Him). Most ungrateful is man!
Do ye then feel secure that He will not cause you to be swallowed up beneath the earth when ye are on land, or that He will not send against you a violent tornado (with showers of stones) so that ye shall find no one to carry out your affairs for you?
Or do ye feel secure that He will not send you back a second time to sea and send against you a heavy gale to drown you because of your ingratitude, so that ye find no helper therein against Us?Al-Isra - 17:67-69
- It is he whom Allah guides, that is on true guidance; but he whom He leaves astray, for such wilt thou find no protector besides Him. On the Day of Judgment We shall gather them together, prone on their faces, blind, dumb, and deaf: their abode will be Hell: every time it shows abatement, We shall increase for them the fierceness of the Fire.
Al-Isra - 17:97
- And they will be marshalled before thy Lord in ranks (with the announcement), "Now have ye come to Us (bare) as We created you first: aye, ye thought We shall not fulfil the appointment made to you to meet (Us)!"
Al-Kahf - 18:48
- And the Book is placed, and thou seest the guilty fearful of that which is therein, and they say: What kind of a Book is this that leaveth not a small thing nor a great thing but hath counted it! And they find all that they did confronting them, and thy Lord wrongeth no-one.
Al-Kahf - 18:49
- Thy Lord is the Forgiver, Full of Mercy. If He took them to task (now) for what they earn, He would hasten on the doom for them; but theirs is an appointed term from which they will find no escape.
Al-Kahf - 18:58
- Such were the populations We destroyed when they committed iniquities; but We fixed an appointed time for their destruction.
Al-Kahf - 18:59
- Say: "Shall we tell you of those who lose most in respect of their deeds?
"Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their works?"
They are those who deny the Signs of their Lord and the fact of their having to meet Him (in the Hereafter): vain will be their works, nor shall We on the Day of Judgment, give them any Weight.
That is their reward, Hell; because they rejected Faith, and took My Signs and My Messengers by way of jest.Al-Kahf - 18:103-106
- And when Our clear revelations are recited unto them, those who disbelieve say unto those who believe: Which of the two parties (yours or ours) is better in position, and more imposing as an army?
How many a generation have We destroyed before them, who were more imposing in respect of gear and outward seeming!
Say: As for him who is in error, the Beneficent will verily prolong his span of life until, when they behold that which they were promised, whether it be punishment (in the world), or the Hour (of doom), they will know who is worse in position and who is weaker as an army.Maryam - 19:73-75
- "Verily the Hour is coming - My design is to keep it hidden for every soul to receive its reward by the measure of its Endeavour.
Ta-Ha - 20:15
- The day when the Trumpet is blown. On that day we assemble the guilty white-eyed (with terror)
Ta-Ha - 20:102
- On that day they follow the summoner who deceiveth not, and voices are hushed for the Beneficent, and thou hearest but a faint murmur.
On that day no intercession availeth save (that of) him unto whom the Beneficent hath given leave and whose word He accepteth.Ta-Ha - 20:108-109
- "But whosoever turns away from My Message, verily for him is a life narrowed down, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Judgment."
He will say: "O my Lord! why hast thou, raised me up blind, while I had sight (before)?"
(Allah) will say: "Thus didst thou, when Our Signs came unto thee, disregard them: so wilt thou, this day be disregarded.Ta-Ha - 20:124-126
- And thus do We recompense him who transgresses beyond bounds and believes not in the Signs of his Lord: and the Penalty of the Hereafter is far more grievous and more enduring.
Ta-Ha - 20:127
- Say: "Each one (of us) is waiting: wait ye, therefore, and soon shall ye know who it is that is on the straight and even way, and who it is that has received guidance."
Ta-Ha - 20:135
- Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away.
Al-Anbiya - 21:1
- How many were the populations we utterly destroyed because of their iniquities, setting up in their places other peoples!
Yet, when they felt Our Punishment (coming), behold they (tried to) flee from it.
Flee not, but return to the good things of this life which were given you, and to your homes, in order that ye may be called to account.
They said: "Ah! woe to us! We were indeed wrong―doers!"
And that cry of theirs ceased not, till We made them as a field that is mown, as ashes silent and quenched.Al-Anbiya - 21:11-15
- Man is a creature of haste: soon (enough) will I show you My Signs: then ye will not ask Me to hasten them!
They say: "When will this promise come to pass, if ye are telling the truth?"
If only the Unbelievers knew (the time) when they will not be able to ward off the Fire from their faces, nor yet from their backs, and (when) no help can reach them!Al-Anbiya - 21:37-39
- We shall set up scales of justice for the day of Judgment, so that not a soul will be dealt with unjustly in the least. And if there be (no more than) the weight of a mustard seed, We will bring it (to account): and enough are We to take account.
Al-Anbiya - 21:47
- Then whoso doeth some good works and is a believer, there will be no rejection of his effort. Lo! We record (it) for him.
Al-Anbiya - 21:94
- O mankind! Fear your Lord. Lo! the earthquake of the Hour (of Doom) is a tremendous thing.
On the day when ye behold it, every nursing mother will forget her nursling and every pregnant one will be delivered of her burden, and thou (Muhammad) wilt see mankind as drunken, yet they will not be drunken, but the Doom of Allah will be strong (upon them).Al-Hajj - 22:1-2
- O mankind! if ye have a doubt about the Resurrection, (consider) that We created you out of dust, then out of sperm then out of a leech-like clot, then out a morsel of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed, in order that We may manifest (Our Power) to you; and We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term, then do We bring you out as babes, then (foster you) that ye may reach your age of full strength; and some of you are called to die, and some are sent back to the feeblest old age, so that they know nothing after having known (much). And (further), thou seest the earth barren and lifeless, but when We pour down rain on it, it is stirred (to life), it swells, and it puts forth every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs).
This is so, because Allah is the Reality: it is He Who gives life to the dead, and it is He Who has power over all things.Al-Hajj - 22:5-6
- Yet there is among men such a one as disputes about Allah, without knowledge, without guidance, and without a Book of Enlightenment
(Disdainfully) bending his side, in order to (lead men) astray from the Path of Allah; for him there is disgrace in this life, and on the Day of Judgment we shall make him taste the Penalty of burning (Fire).Al-Hajj - 22:8-9
- How many populations have We destroyed, which were given to wrong-doing? They tumbled down on their roofs. And how many wells are lying idle and neglected, and castles lofty and well-built?
Do they not travel through the land, so that their hearts (and mind) may thus learn wisdom and their ears may thus learn to hear? Truly it is not their eyes that are blind, but their hearts which are in their breasts.Al-Hajj - 22:45-46
- Yet they ask thee to hasten on the Punishment! But Allah will not fail in His promise. Verily a Day in the sight of thy Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning.
Al-Hajj - 22:47
- Those who believe and work righteousness, for them is forgiveness and a sustenance most generous.
Al-Hajj - 22:50
- Those who leave their homes in the cause of Allah, and are then slain or die on them will Allah bestow, verily a goodly Provision: truly Allah is He Who bestows the best Provision.
Verily He will admit them to a place with which they shall be well pleased: for Allah is All-Knowing, Most Forbearing.Al-Hajj - 22:58-59
- If We had mercy on them and removed the distress which is on them, they would obstinately persist in their transgression, wandering in distraction to and fro.
We inflicted Punishment on them, but they humbled not themselves to their Lord nor do they submissively entreat (Him)!
Until We open on them a gate leading to a severe Punishment: then Lo! they will be plunged in despair therein!Al-Mumenoon - 23:75-77
- Until, when death cometh unto one of them, he saith: My Lord! Send me back
That I may do right in that which I have left behind! But nay! It is but a word that he speaketh; and behind them is a barrier until the day when they are raised.Al-Mumenoon - 23:99-100
- And when the trumpet is blown there will be no kinship among them that day, nor will they ask of one another.
Al-Mumenoon - 23:101
- Then those whose balance (of good deeds) is heavy they will attain salvation:
But those whose balance is light, will be those who have lost their souls; in Hell will they abide.
The Fire will burn their faces, and they will therein grin, with their lips displaced.
"Were not My Signs rehearsed to you, and ye did but treat them as falsehoods?"
They will say: "Our Lord! our misfortune overwhelmed us, and we became a people astray!
"Our Lord! bring us out of this: if ever we return (to evil), then shall we be wrongdoers indeed!"
He will say: "Be ye driven into it (with ignominy)! and speak ye not to Me!Al-Mumenoon - 23:102-108
- The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication flog each of them with a hundred stripes: let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.
Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry any but a woman similarly guilty, or an Unbeliever nor let any but such a man or an Unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden.Al-Noor - 24:2-3
- And those who launch a charge against chaste women, and produce not four witnesses (to support their allegation) flog them with eighty stripes: and reject their evidence ever after: for such men are wicked transgressors
Al-Noor - 24:4
- Lo! those who love that slander should be spread concerning those who believe, theirs will be a painful punishment in the world and the Hereafter. Allah knoweth. Ye know not.
Al-Noor - 24:19
- Those who slander chaste women, indiscreet but believing are cursed in this life and in the Hereafter: for them is a grievous Penalty
Al-Noor - 24:23
- Allah hath promised such of you as believe and do good work that He will surely make them to succeed (the present rulers) in the earth even as He caused those who were before them to succeed (others); and that He will surely establish for them their religion which He hath approved for them, and will give them in exchange safety after their fear. They serve Me. They ascribe no thing as partner unto Me. Those who disbelieve henceforth, they are the miscreants.
Al-Noor - 24:55
- Nay, they deny the Hour (of the Judgment to come): but We have prepared a Blazing Fire for such as deny the Hour:
When it sees them from a place far off, they will hear its fury and its raging sigh.
And when they are cast, bound together, into a constricted place therein, they will plead for destruction there and then!
"This day plead not for a single destruction: plead for destruction oft-repeated!"Al-Furqan - 25:11-14
- And We shall turn to whatever deeds they did (in this life), and We shall make such deeds as floating dust scattered about.
Al-Furqan - 25:23
- A day when the heaven with the clouds will be rent asunder and the angels will be sent down, a grand descent.
The Sovereignty on that day will be the True (Sovereignty) belonging to the Beneficent One, and it will be a hard day for disbelievers.Al-Furqan - 25:25-26
- "And let me not be in disgrace on the Day when (men) will be raised up
The Day whereon neither wealth nor sons will avail
"But only he (will prosper) that brings to Allah a sound heart;Al-Shuara - 26:87-89
- And We destroyed no township but it had its warners
Al-Shuara - 26:208
- Nor was thy Lord the one to destroy a population until He had sent to its Center a messenger, rehearsing to them Our Signs: nor are We going to destroy a population except when its members practise iniquity.
Al-Qasas - 28:59
- If any does good, the reward to him is better than his deed; but if any does evil, the doers of evil are only punished (to the extent) of their deeds.
Al-Qasas - 28:84
- Those who believe and work righteous deeds - from them shall We blot out all evil (that may be) in them and We shall reward them according to the best of their deeds.
Al-Ankaboot - 29:7
- And the Unbelievers say to those who believe: "Follow our path, and we will bear (the consequences) of your faults." Never in the least will they bear their faults: in fact they are liars!
They will bear their own burdens, and (other) burdens along with their own and on the Day of Judgement they will be called to account for their falsehoods.Al-Ankaboot - 29:12-13
- And unto Midian We sent Shu'eyb, their brother. He said: O my people! Serve Allah, and look forward to the Last Day, and do not evil, making mischief, in the earth.
But they denied him, and the dreadful earthquake took them, and morning found them prostrate in their dwelling place.Al-Ankaboot - 29:36-37
- They ask thee to hasten on the Punishment (for them): had it not been for a term (of respite) appointed the Punishment would certainly have come to them: and it will certainly reach them - of a sudden, while they perceive not!
Al-Ankaboot - 29:53
- On the Day that the Punishment shall cover them from above them and from below them, and (a Voice) shall say: "Taste ye (the fruits) of your deeds!"
Al-Ankaboot - 29:55
- Every soul will taste of death. Then unto Us ye will be returned.
Al-Ankaboot - 29:57
- What is the life of this world but amusement and play? But verily the Home in the Hereafter that is life indeed if they but knew.
Al-Ankaboot - 29:64
- On the Day that the Hour will be established, the guilty will be struck dumb with despair.
Al-Room - 30:12
- That which ye give in usury in order that it may increase on (other) people's property hath no increase with Allah; but that which ye give in charity, seeking Allah's Countenance, hath increase manifold.
Al-Room - 30:39
- So set thy purpose resolutely for the right religion, before the inevitable day cometh from Allah. On that day mankind will be sundered
Al-Room - 30:43
- But if any reject Faith let not his rejection grieve thee: to Us is their return, and We shall tell them the truth of their deeds: for Allah knows well all that is in (men's) hearts.
We grant them their pleasure for a little while: in the end shall We drive them to a chastisement unrelenting.Luqman - 31:23-24
- O mankind! Do your duty to your Lord and fear (the coming of) a Day when no father can avail aught for his son nor a son, avail aught for his father. Verily, the promise of Allah is true: let not then this present life deceive you, nor let the Chief deceiver deceive you about Allah.
Luqman - 31:33
- He rules (all) affairs from the heavens to the earth: in the end will (all affairs) go up to Him, on a Day the space whereof will be (as) a thousand years of your reckoning.
As-Sajda - 32:5
- And if We had so willed, We could have given every soul its guidance, but the word from Me concerning evildoers took effect: that I will fill hell with the jinn and mankind together.
So taste (the evil of your deeds). Forasmuch as ye forgot the meeting of this your Day, lo! We forget you. Taste the doom of immortality because of what ye used to do.As-Sajda - 32:13-14
- For those who believe and do righteous deeds, are Gardens as hospitable homes, for their (good) deeds.
As-Sajda - 32:19
- Lo! Allah hath cursed the disbelievers, and hath prepared for them a flaming fire,
Wherein they will abide for ever. They will find (then) no protecting friend nor helper.
On the day when their faces are turned over in the Fire, they say: Oh, would that we had obeyed Allah and had obeyed His messenger!
And they say: Our Lord! Lo! we obeyed our princes and great men, and they misled us from the Way.
Our Lord! Oh, give them double torment and curse them with a mighty curse.Al-Ahzab - 33:64-68
- But those who strive against Our revelations, challenging (Us), theirs will be a painful doom of wrath.
Saba - 34:5
- Say: "Ye shall not be questioned as to our sins, nor shall we be questioned as to what ye do."
Say: "Our Lord will gather us together and will in the end decide the matter between us (and you) in truth and justice: and He is the One to decide, the One Who knows all."Saba - 34:25-26
- Say (O Muhammad): Yours is the promise of a Day which ye cannot postpone nor hasten by an hour.
Saba - 34:30
- The Unbelievers say: "We shall neither believe in this scripture nor in (any) that (came) before it." Couldst thou but see when the wrong-doers will be made to stand before their Lord, throwing back the word (of blame) on one another! Those who had been despised will say to the arrogant ones: "Had it not been for you, we should certainly have been believers!"
The arrogant ones will say to those who had been despised: "Was it we who kept you back from Guidance after it reached you? Nay rather it was ye who transgressed."
Those who had been despised will say to the arrogant ones: "Nay! it was a plot (of yours) by day and by night. behold! ye (constantly) ordered us to be ungrateful to Allah and to attribute equals to Him!" They will declare (their) repentance when they see the Penalty: We shall put yokes on the necks of the Unbelievers: it would only be a requital for their (ill) deeds.Saba - 34:31-33
- Couldst thou but see when they are terrified with no escape, and are seized from near at hand,
And say: We (now) believe therein. But how can they reach (faith) from afar off,
When they disbelieved in it of yore. They aim at the unseen from afar off.
And a gulf is set between them and that which they desire, as was done for people of their kind of old. Lo! they were in hopeless doubt.Saba - 34:51-54
- And no burdened soul can bear another's burden, and if one heavy laden crieth for (help with) his load, naught of it will be lifted even though he (unto whom he crieth) be of kin. Thou warnest only those who fear their Lord in secret, and have established worship. He who groweth (in goodness), groweth only for himself, (he cannot by his merit redeem others). Unto Allah is the journeying.
Fatir - 35:18
- Lo! those who read the Scripture of Allah, and establish worship, and spend of that which We have bestowed on them secretly and openly, they look forward to imperishable gain,
That He will pay them their wages and increase them of His grace. Lo! He is Forgiving, Responsive.Fatir - 35:29-30
- Then We gave the Scripture as inheritance unto those whom We elected of Our bondmen. But of them are some who wrong themselves and of them are some who are lukewarm, and of them are some who outstrip (others) through good deeds, by Allah's leave. That is the great favour!
Gardens of Eden! They enter them wearing armlets of gold and pearl and their raiment therein is silk.
And they say: Praise be to Allah Who hath put grief away from us. Lo! Our Lord is Forgiving, Bountiful,
Who, of His grace, hath installed us in the mansion of eternity, where toil toucheth us not nor can weariness affect us.
But as for those who disbelieve, for them is fire of hell; it taketh not complete effect upon them so that they can die, nor is its torment lightened for them. Thus We punish every ingrate.
And they cry for help there, (saying): Our Lord! Release us; we will do right, not (the wrong) that we used to do. Did not We grant you a life long enough for him who reflected to reflect therein? And the warner came unto you. Now taste (the flavour of your deeds), for evil-doers have no helper.Fatir - 35:32-37
- If Allah were to punish men according to what they deserve, He would not leave on the back of the (earth) a single living creature: but He gives them respite for a stated Term: when their Term expires, verily Allah has in his sight all His servants.
Fatir - 35:45
- And they say: When will this promise be fulfilled, if ye are truthful?
They await but one Shout, which will surprise them while they are disputing.
Then they cannot make bequest, nor can they return to their own folk.Ya-Seen - 36:48-50
- And the trumpet is blown and lo! from the graves they hie unto their Lord,
Crying: Woe upon us! Who hath raised us from our place of sleep? This is that which the Beneficent did promise, and the messengers spoke truth.
It is but one Shout, and behold them brought together before Us!Ya-Seen - 36:51-53
- Lo! those who merit paradise this day are happily employed,
They and their wives, in pleasant shade, on thrones reclining;
Theirs the fruit (of their good deeds) and theirs (all) that they ask;
The word from a Merciful Lord (for them) is: Peace!Ya-Seen - 36:55-58
- And O ye in sin! get ye apart this Day!
"Did I not enjoin on you, O ye children of Adam, that ye should not worship Satan; for that he was to you an enemy avowed?
"And that ye should worship Me, (for that) this was the Straight Way?
"But he did lead astray a great multitude of you. Did ye not then understand?
"This is the Hell of which ye were (repeatedly) warned!
"Embrace ye the (Fire) this Day, for that ye (persistently) rejected (Truth)."
That Day shall We set a seal on their mouths. But their hands will speak to Us and their feet bear witness, to all that they did.
If it had been Our Will, We could surely have blotted out their eyes; then should they have run about groping for the Path, but how could they have seen?
And if it had been Our Will We could have transformed them (to remain) in their places: then should they have been unable to move about, nor could they have returned (after error).Ya-Seen - 36:59-67
- Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord: Good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is Allah's earth! Those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!"
Az-Zumar - 39:10
- And he who brings the Truth and he who confirms (and supports) it - such are the men who do right.
They shall have all that they wish for, in the presence of their Lord: such is the reward of those who do good:
So that Allah will turn off from them (even) the worst in their deeds and give them their reward according to the best of what they have done.Az-Zumar - 39:33-35
- Even if the wrongdoers had all that there is on earth, and as much more, (in vain) would they offer it for ransom from the pain of the Penalty on the Day of Judgement: but something will confront them from Allah, which they could never have counted upon!
For the evils of their Deeds will confront them, and they will be (completely) encircled by that which they used to mock at!Az-Zumar - 39:47-48
- And follow the better (guidance) of that which is revealed unto you from your Lord, before the doom cometh on you suddenly when ye know not,
Lest any soul should say: Alas, my grief that I was unmindful of Allah, and I was indeed among the scoffers!Az-Zumar - 39:55-56
- And on the Day of Resurrection thou (Muhammad) seest those who lied concerning Allah with their faces blackened. Is not the home of the scorners in hell?
Az-Zumar - 39:60
- No just estimate have they made of Allah, such as is due to Him: on the Day of Judgement the whole of the earth will be but His handful, and the heavens will be rolled up in His right hand: glory to Him! High is He above the Partners they attribute to Him!
The Trumpet will (just) be sounded, when all that are in the heavens and on earth will swoon, except such as it will please Allah (to exempt). Then will a second one be sounded, when, behold they will be standing and looking on!
And the Earth will shine with the glory of its Lord: the Record (of Deeds) will be placed (open); the prophets and the witnesses will be brought forward: and a just decision pronounced between them; and they will not be wronged (in the least).
And to every soul will be paid in full (the fruit) of its deeds; and (Allah) knoweth best all that they do.Az-Zumar - 39:67-70
- The day when they come forth, nothing of them being hidden from Allah. Whose is the Sovereignty this day? It is Allah's, the One, the Almighty.
Al-Momin - 40:16
- Warn them of the Day that is (ever) drawing near, when the Hearts will (come) right up to the Throats to choke (them); no intimate friend nor intercessor will the wrongdoers have, who could be listened to.
Al-Momin - 40:18
- He knoweth the traitor of the eyes, and that which the bosoms hide.
Allah judgeth with truth, while those to whom they cry instead of Him judge not at all. Lo! Allah, He is the Hearer, the Seer.Al-Momin - 40:19-20
- Have they not travelled in the land to see the nature of the consequence for those who disbelieved before them? They were mightier than these in power and (in the) traces (which they left behind them) in the earth. Yet Allah seized them for their sins, and they had no protector from Allah.
That was because their messengers kept bringing them clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty) but they disbelieved; so Allah seized them. Lo! He is Strong, severe in punishment.Al-Momin - 40:21-22
- As for A'ad, they were arrogant in the land without right, and they said: Who is mightier than us in power? Could they not see that Allah Who created them, He was mightier than them in power? And they denied Our revelations.
Therefor We let loose on them a raging wind in evil days, that We might make them taste the torment of disgrace in the life of the world. And verily the doom of the Hereafter will be more shameful, and they will not be helped.Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:15-16
And (make mention of) the day when the enemies of Allah are gathered unto the Fire, they are driven on
Till, when they reach it, their ears and their eyes and their skins testify against them as to what they used to do.
And they say unto their skins: Why testify ye against us? They say: Allah hath given us speech Who giveth speech to all things, and Who created you at the first, and unto Whom ye are returned.
Ye did not hide yourselves lest your ears and your eyes and your skins should testify against you, but ye deemed that Allah knew not much of what ye did.
That, your thought which ye did think about your Lord, hath ruined you; and ye find yourselves (this day) among the lost.Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:15-16
- And (make mention of) the day when the enemies of Allah are gathered unto the Fire, they are driven on
Till, when they reach it, their ears and their eyes and their skins testify against them as to what they used to do.
And they say unto their skins: Why testify ye against us? They say: Allah hath given us speech Who giveth speech to all things, and Who created you at the first, and unto Whom ye are returned.
Ye did not hide yourselves lest your ears and your eyes and your skins should testify against you, but ye deemed that Allah knew not much of what ye did.
That, your thought which ye did think about your Lord, hath ruined you; and ye find yourselves (this day) among the lost.Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:19-23
- And the Unbelievers will say: "Our Lord! show us those among Jinns and Men, who misled us: we shall crush them beneath our feet, so that they become the vilest (before all)."
Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:29
- In the case of those who say "Our Lord is Allah", and further, stand straight and steadfast, the angels descend on them (from time to time): "Fear ye not!" (they suggest) "Nor grieve! but receive the Glad Tidings of the Garden (of Bliss), the which ye were promised!
"We are your protectors in this life and in the Hereafter: therein shall ye have all that your souls shall desire; therein shall ye have all that ye ask for!
"A hospitable gift from One Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful!"Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:30-32
- Thou seest the wrong-doers fearful of that which they have earned, and it will surely befall them, while those who believe and do good works (will be) in flowering meadows of the Gardens, having what they wish from their Lord. This is the great preferment.
Ash-Shura - 42:22
- Then watch thou for the Day that the sky will bring forth a kind of smoke (or mist) plainly visible.
Enveloping the people: this will be a Penalty grievous.Ad-Dukhan - 44:10-11
- It will also be said: "This Day We will forget you as ye forgot the meeting of this Day of yours! And your abode is the Fire, and no helpers have ye!
"This, because ye used to take the Signs of Allah in jest and the life of the world deceived you." (from) that Day, therefore, they shall not be taken out thence, nor shall they be received into Grace.Al-Jathiya - 45:34-35
- Those are they from whom We accept the best of what they do, and overlook their evil deeds. (They are) among the owners of the Garden. This is the true promise which they were promised (in the world).
Al-Ahqaf - 46:16
- And to all are (assigned) degrees according to the deeds which they (have done), and in order that (Allah) may recompense their deeds and no injustice be done to them.
And on the Day that the Unbelievers will be placed before the Fire, (it will be said to them): "Ye received your good things in the life of the world, and ye took your pleasure out of them: but today shall ye be recompensed with a Penalty of humiliation: for that ye were arrogant on earth without just cause, and that ye (ever) transgressed."Al-Ahqaf - 46:19-20
- And make mention (O Muhammad) of the brother of A'ad when he warned his folk among the wind-curved sandhills - and verily warners came and went before and after him - saying: Serve none but Allah. Lo! I fear for you the doom of a tremendous Day.
They said: Hast come to turn us away from our gods? Then bring upon us that wherewith thou threatenest us, if thou art of the truthful.
He said: The knowledge is with Allah only. I convey unto you that wherewith I have been sent, but I see you are a folk that know not.
Then, when they beheld it as a dense cloud coming toward their valleys, they said: Here is a cloud bringing us rain. Nay, but it is that which ye did seek to hasten, a wind wherein is painful torment
Destroying all things by commandment of its Lord. And morning found them so that naught could be seen save their dwellings. Thus do We reward the guilty folk.Al-Ahqaf - 46:21-25
- Those who disbelieve and turn (men) from the way of Allah, He rendereth their actions vain.
And those who believe and do good works and believe in that which is revealed unto Muhammad - and it is the truth from their Lord - He riddeth them of their ill-deeds and improveth their state.
That is because those who disbelieve follow falsehood and because those who believe follow the truth from their Lord. Thus Allah coineth their similitudes for mankind.Muhammad - 47:1-3
- O ye who believe! If ye help Allah, He will help you and will make your foothold firm.
Muhammad - 47:7
- Lo! Allah will cause those who believe and do good works to enter Gardens underneath which rivers flow; while those who disbelieve take their comfort in this life and eat even as the cattle eat, and the Fire is their habitation.
Muhammad - 47:12
- A similitude of the Garden which those who keep their duty (to Allah) are promised: Therein are rivers of water unpolluted, and rivers of milk whereof the flavour changeth not, and rivers of wine delicious to the drinkers, and rivers of clear-run honey; therein for them is every kind of fruit, with pardon from their Lord. (Are those who enjoy all this) like those who are immortal in the Fire and are given boiling water to drink so that it teareth their bowels?
Muhammad - 47:15
- While as for those who walk aright, He addeth to their guidance, and giveth them their protection (against evil).
Muhammad - 47:17
- And that He may punish the Hypocrites men and women, and the Polytheists, men and women, who imagine an evil opinion of Allah. On them is a round of Evil: the Wrath of Allah is on them: He has cursed them and got Hell ready for them: and evil is it for a destination.
Al-Fath - 48:6
- (It will be said:) "Thou wast heedless of this; now have We removed thy veil, and sharp is thy sight this Day!"
- And his companion will say: "Here is (his Record) ready with me!"
(The sentence will be:) "Throw throw, into Hell every contumacious Rejector (of Allah)!
"Who forbade what was good, transgressed all bounds, cast doubts and suspicions;
"Who set up another god besides Allah: throw him into a severe Penalty."Qaf - 50:22-26
- On the day when We say unto hell: Art thou filled? and it saith: Can there be more to come?
Qaf - 50:30
- Lo! those who keep from evil will dwell amid gardens and watersprings
Taking that which their Lord giveth them; for lo! aforetime they were doers of good;
They used to sleep but little of the night
And ere the dawning of each day would seek forgiveness
And in their wealth the beggar and the outcast had due share.Adh-Dhariyat - 51:15-19
- On the day when the heaven will heave with (awful) heaving
And the mountains move away with (awful) movement
Then woe that day unto the deniers
Who play in talk of grave matters;At-Tur - 52:9-12
- The day when they are thrust with a (disdainful) thrust, into the fire of hell
At-Tur - 52:13
- Endure the heat thereof, and whether ye are patient of it or impatient of it is all one for you. Ye are only being paid for what ye used to do.
At-Tur - 52:16
- And those who believe and whose families follow them in Faith to them shall We join their families: nor shall We deprive them (of the fruit) of aught of their works: (Yet) is each individual in pledge for his deeds.
At-Tur - 52:21
- Namely, that no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another
That man can have nothing but what he strives for
That (the fruit of) his striving will soon come in sight
Then will he be rewarded with a reward complete
That to thy Lord is the final GoalAn-Najm - 53:38-42
- So withdraw from them (O Muhammad) on the day when the Summoner summoneth unto a painful thing.
With downcast eyes, they come forth from the graves as they were locusts spread abroad
Hastening toward the summoner; the disbelievers say: This is a hard day.Al-Qamar - 54:6-8
- The folk of Noah denied before them, yea, they denied Our slave and said: A madman; and he was repulsed.
So he cried unto his Lord, saying: I am vanquished, so give help.
Then opened We the gates of heaven with pouring water
And caused the earth to gush forth springs, so that the waters met for a predestined purpose.Al-Qamar - 54:9-12
- Is there any Reward for Good other than Good?
Ar-Rahman - 55:60
- These will be those Nearest to Allah:
In Gardens of Bliss:
A number of people from those of old
And a few from those of later times.Al-Waqia - 56:11-14
- On the day when the hypocritical men and the hypocritical women will say unto those who believe: Look on us that we may borrow from your light! it will be said: Go back and seek for light! Then there will separate them a wall wherein is a gate, the inner side whereof containeth mercy, while the outer side thereof is toward the doom.
They will cry unto them (saying): Were we not with you? They will say: verily; but ye tempted one another, and hesitated, and doubted, and vain desires beguiled you till the ordinance of Allah came to pass; and the deceiver deceived you concerning Allah;
So this day no ransom can be taken from you nor from those who disbelieved. Your home is the Fire; that is your patron, and a hapless journey's end.Al-Hadid - 57:13-15
- That is because they were opposed to Allah and His messenger; and whoso is opposed to Allah, (for him) verily Allah is stern in reprisal.
Al-Hashr - 59:4
- And how many a community revolted against the ordinance of its Lord and His messengers, and We called it to a stern account and punished it with dire punishment
At-Talaq - 65:8
- (Then it will be said): O ye who disbelieve! Make no excuses for yourselves this Day. Ye are only being paid for what ye used to do.
At-Tahrim - 66:7
- O ye who believe! Turn unto Allah in sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will remit from you your evil deeds and bring you into Gardens underneath which rivers flow, on the day when Allah will not abase the Prophet and those who believe with him. Their light will run before them and on their right hands; they will say: Our Lord! Perfect our light for us, and forgive us! Lo! Thou art Able to do all things.
At-Tahrim - 66:8
- On the day when it befalleth in earnest, and they are ordered to prostrate themselves but are not able
With eyes downcast, abasement stupefying them. And they had been summoned to prostrate themselves while they were yet unhurt.Al-Qalam - 68:42-43
- Then, when one Blast is sounded on the Trumpet
And the earth is moved and its mountains, and they are crushed to powder at one stroke
On that Day shall the (Great) Event come to pass
And the sky will be rent asunder, for it will that Day be flimsyAl-Haaqqa - 69:13-16
- Then, as for him who is given his record in his right hand, he will say: Take, read my book!
Surely I knew that I should have to meet my reckoning.Al-Haaqqa - 69:19-20
- But as for him who is given his record in his left hand, he will say: Oh, would that I had not been given my book
And knew not what my reckoning is!
Oh, would that it had been death!
My wealth hath not availed me
My power hath gone from me.Al-Haaqqa - 69:25-29
- The day when the sky will become as molten copper
And the hills become as flakes of wool
And no familiar friend will ask a question of his friend
Though they will be given sight of them. The guilty man will long to be able to ransom himself from the punishment of that day at the price of his children
And his spouse and his brother
And his kin that harboured him
And all that are in the earth, if then it might deliver him.
But nay! for lo! it is the fire of hell
Eager to roast;
It calleth him who turned and fled (from truth)
And hoarded (wealth) and withheld it.Al-Maarij - 70:8-18
- Thinketh man that We shall not assemble his bones?
Yea, verily Yea. We are Able to restore his very fingers!
But man would fain deny what is before him.Al-Qiyama - 75:3-5
- He asketh: When will be this Day of Resurrection?
But when sight is confounded
And the moon is eclipsed
And sun and moon are united
On that day man will cry: Whither to flee!
Alas! No refuge!
Unto thy Lord is the recourse that day.Al-Qiyama - 75:6-12
- Lo! the righteous shall drink of a cup whereof the mixture is of water of Kafur
A spring wherefrom the slaves of Allah drink, making it gush forth abundantly
(Because) they perform the vow and fear a day whereof the evil is wide-spreading
And feed with food the needy wretch, the orphan and the prisoner, for love of Him
(Saying): We feed you, for the sake of Allah only. We wish for no reward nor thanks from you;
Lo! we fear from our Lord a day of frowning and of fate.
Therefor Allah hath warded off from them the evil of that day, and hath made them find brightness and joy;
And hath awarded them for all that they endured, a Garden and silk attire;
Reclining therein upon couches, they will find there neither (heat of) a sun nor bitter cold.
The shade thereof is close upon them and the clustered fruits thereof bow down.
Goblets of silver are brought round for them, and beakers (as) of glass
(Bright as) glass but (made) of silver, which they (themselves) have measured to the measure (of their deeds).
There are they watered with a cup whereof the mixture is of Zanjabil
The water of a spring therein, named Salsabil.
There, serve them youths of ever lasting youths, whom, when thou seest, thou wouldst take for scattered pearls.
When thou seest, thou wilt see there bliss and high estate.
Their raiment will be fine green silk and gold embroidery. Bracelets of silver will they wear. Their Lord will slake their thirst with a pure drink.
(And it will be said unto them): Lo! this is a reward for you. Your endeavour (upon earth) hath found acceptance.Ad-Dahar / Al-Insan - 76:5-22
- By the emissary winds, (sent) one after another
By the raging hurricanes
By those which cause earth's vegetation to revive;
By those who winnow with a winnowing
By those who bring down the Reminder
To excuse or to warn
Surely that which ye are promised will befall.
So when the stars are put out
And when the sky is riven asunder
And when the mountains are blown away
And when the messengers are brought unto their time appointed
For what day is the time appointed?
For the Day of Decision.
And what will convey unto thee what the Day of Decision is!Al-Mursalat - 77:1-14
- Did We not destroy the men of old (for their evil)?
So shall We make later (generations) follow them.
Thus do We deal with men of sin.
Ah woe, that Day, to the Rejecters of Truth!Al-Mursalat - 77:16-19
- Did We not create you from a base fluid
Which We laid up in a safe abode
For a known term?
Thus We determined (things). How excellent is Our determining!
Woe unto the repudiators on that day!Al-Mursalat - 77:20-24
- Have We not made the earth (as a place) to draw together
The living and the dead
And made therein mountains standing firm, lofty (in stature); and provided for you water sweet (and wholesome)?
Ah woe, that Day, to the Rejecters of Truth!Al-Mursalat - 77:25-28
- This is a day wherein they speak not
Nor are they suffered to put forth excuses.
Woe unto the repudiators on that day!
This is the Day of Decision, We have brought you and the men of old together.
If now ye have any wit, outwit Me.
Woe unto the repudiators on that day!Al-Mursalat - 77:35-40
- Lo! those who kept their duty are amid shade and fountains
And fruits such as they desire.
(Unto them it is said:) Eat, drink and welcome, O ye blessed, in return for what ye did.
Thus do We reward the good.Al-Mursalat - 77:41-44
- And the heaven is opened and becometh as gates
And the hills are set in motion and become as a mirage.
Lo! hell lurketh in ambush
A home for the rebellious.An-Naba - 78:19-22
- Lo! for the duteous is achievement
Gardens enclosed and vineyards
And maidens of companions;
And a full cup.
There hear they never vain discourse, nor lying
Requital from thy Lord - a gift in paymentAn-Naba - 78:31-36
- Verily, We have warned you of a Penalty near - the Day when man will see (the Deeds) which his hands have sent forth, and the Unbeliever will say "Woe unto me! Would that I were (mere) dust!"
An-Naba - 78:40
- By those who drag forth to destruction
By the meteors rushing
By the lone stars floating
By the angels hastening
And those who govern the event
On the day when the first trump resoundeth
And the second followeth it
On that day hearts beat painfully
While eyes are downcast
(Now) they are saying: Shall we really be restored to our first state
Even after we are crumbled bones?
They say: Then that would be a vain proceeding
Surely it will need but one shout
And lo! they will be awakened.An-Naziat - 79:1-14
- The day when man will call to mind his (whole) endeavour
And hell will stand forth visible to him who seeth
Then, as for him who rebelled
And chose the life of the world
Lo! hell will be his home
But as for him who feared to stand before his Lord and restrained his soul from lust
Lo! the Garden will be his homeAn-Naziat - 79:35-41
- They ask thee of the Hour: when will it come to port?
Why (ask they)? What hast thou to tell thereof?
Unto thy Lord belongeth (knowledge of) the term thereof
Thou art but a warner unto him who feareth it
On the day when they behold it, it will be as if they had but tarried for an evening or the morn thereof.An-Naziat - 79:42-46
- On the day when a man fleeth from his brother
And his mother and his father
And his wife and his children
Every man that day will have concern enough to make him heedless (of others)
On that day faces will be bright as dawn
Laughing, rejoicing at good news;
And other faces, on that day, with dust upon them
Veiled in darkness
Those are the disbelievers, the wickedAbasa - 80:34-42
- When the sun is overthrown
And when the stars fall
And when the hills are moved
And when the camels big with young are abandoned
And when the wild beasts are herded together
And when the seas rise
And when souls are reunited
And when the girl-child that was buried alive is asked
For what sin she was slain?
And when the pages are laid open
And when the sky is torn away
And when Hell is lighted
And when the garden is brought nigh
(Then) every soul will know what it hath made ready.At-Takwir - 81:1-14
- When the Sky is cleft asunder;
When the Stars are scattered;
When the Oceans are suffered to burst forth;
And when the Graves are turned upside down
(Then) shall each soul know what it hath sent forward and (what it hath) kept back.
O man! what has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?Al-Infitar - 82:1-6
- Again, what will convey unto thee what the Day of Judgment is!
A day on which no soul hath power at all for any (other) soul. The (absolute) command on that day is Allah's.Al-Infitar - 82:18-19
- When the heaven is split asunder
And attentive to her Lord in fear
And when the earth is spread out
And hath cast out all that was in her, and is empty
And attentive to her Lord in fear!
Thou, verily, O man, art working toward thy Lord a work which thou wilt meet (in His presence).Al-Inshiqaq - 84:1-6
- Then whoso is given his account in his right hand
He truly will receive an easy reckoning
And will return unto his folk in joy
But whoso is given his account behind his back
He surely will invoke destruction
And be thrown to scorching fire
He verily lived joyous with his folk
He verily deemed that he would never return (unto Allah)
Nay, but lo! his Lord is ever looking on him!Al-Inshiqaq - 84:7-15
- On the day when hidden thoughts shall be searched out
Then will he have no might nor any helperAt-Tariq - 86:9-10
- Hath there come unto thee tidings of the Overwhelming?
On that day (many) faces will be downcast
Scorched by burning fire
Drinking from a boiling spring
No food for them save bitter thorn-fruit
Which doth not nourish nor release from hungerAl-Ghashiya - 88:1-7
- Dost thou not consider how thy Lord dealt with (the tribe of) A'ad
With many-columned Iram
The like of which was not created in the lands;
And with (the tribe of) Thamud, who clove the rocks in the valley;
And with Pharaoh, firm of might
Who (all) were rebellious (to Allah) in these lands
And multiplied iniquity therein?
Therefore thy Lord poured on them the disaster of His punishment
Lo! thy Lord is ever watchfulAl-Fajr - 89:6-14
- None punisheth as He will punish on that day!
None bindeth as He then will bind.Al-Fajr - 89:25-26
- When Earth is shaken with her (final) earthquake
And Earth yieldeth up her burdens
And man saith: What aileth her?
That day she will relate her chronicles
Because thy Lord inspireth her
That day mankind will issue forth in scattered groups to be shown their deeds
And whoso doeth good an atom's weight will see it then
And whoso doeth ill an atom's weight will see it thenAl-Zalzala - 99:1-8
- The (Day) of Noise and Clamour:
What is the (Day) of Noise and Clamour?
And what will explain to thee what the (Day) of Noise and Clamour is?
(It is) a Day whereon Men will be like moths scattered about
And the mountains will be like carded woolAl-Qaria - 101:1-5
- Rivalry in worldly increase distracteth you
Until ye come to the graves
Nay, but ye will come to know!
Nay, but ye will come to know!
Nay, would that ye knew (now) with a sure knowledge!
For ye will behold hell-fire
Aye, ye will behold it with sure vision
Then, on that day, ye will be asked concerning pleasureAt-Takathur - 102:1-8
- Woe unto every slandering traducer
Who hath gathered wealth (of this world) and arranged it
He thinketh that his wealth will render him immortal
Nay, but verily he will be flung to the Consuming One
Ah, what will convey unto thee what the Consuming One is!
(It is) the fire of Allah, kindled
Which leapeth up over the hearts (of men)
Lo! it is closed in on them
In outstretched columnsAl-Humaza - 104:1-9
- Seest thou not how thy Lord dealt with the Companions of the Elephant?
Did He not make their treacherous plan go astray?
And He sent against them flights of Birds
Striking them with stones of baked clay
Then did He make them like an empty field of stalks and straw, (of which the corn) has been eaten upAl-Feel - 105:1-5