Excerpts from Quran: Mischief, Tumult, Evil and Sinfulness
- When it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth", they say: "Why, we only want to make peace!"
Of a surety, they are the ones who make mischief, but they realize (it) not.
When it is said to them: "Believe as the others believe" they say: "Shall we believe as the fools believe?" Nay, of a surety they are the fools, but they do not know.Al-Baqara - 2:11-13
- Those who break the covenant of Allah after ratifying it, and sever that which Allah ordered to be joined, and (who) make mischief in the earth: Those are they who are the losers.
Al-Baqara - 2:27
- Nay, but whosoever hath done evil and his sin surroundeth him; such are rightful owners of the Fire; they will abide therein.
And those who believe and do good works: such are rightful owners of the Garden. They will abide therein.Al-Baqara - 2:81-82
- Such are those who buy the life of the world at the price of the Hereafter. Their punishment will not be lightened, neither will they have support.
Al-Baqara - 2:86
- And when came to them a Messenger from Allah, confirming what was with them, a party of the people of the Book threw away the Book of Allah behind their backs, as if (it had been something) they did not know!
They followed what the evil ones gave out (falsely) against the power of Solomon; the blasphemers were not Solomon but the evil ones, teaching men magic and such things as came down at Babylon to the angels Harut, and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (such things) without saying: "We are only for trial; so do not blaspheme." They learned from them the means to sow discord between man and wife. But they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah's permission. And they learned what harmed them not what profited them. And they knew that the buyers of (magic) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter. And vile was the price for which they did sell their souls, if they but knew!Al-Baqara - 2:101-102
- Those who conceal Allah's revelations in the Book and purchase for them a miserable profit They swallow into themselves naught but Fire; Allah will not address them on the Day of Resurrection, nor purify them; grievous will be their penalty .
Al-Baqara - 2:174
- There is the type of man whose speech about this world's life may dazzle thee and he calls Allah to witness about what is in his heart; yet is he the most contentious of enemies.
When he turns his back his aim everywhere is to spread mischief through the earth and destroy crops and cattle. But Allah loveth not mischief.Al-Baqara - 2:204-205
- Those who devour usury will not stand except as stands one whom the Evil One by his touch hath driven to madness. That is because they say: "Trade is like usury, but Allah hath permitted trade and forbidden usury. Those who after receiving direction from their Lord, desist, shall be pardoned for the past; their case is for Allah (to judge); but those who repeat (the offence) are companions of the Fire: they will abide therein (for ever).
Allah will deprive usury of all blessing, but will give increase for deeds of charity: for He loveth not creatures ungrateful and wicked.Al-Baqara - 2:275-276
- O ye who believe! Observe your duty to Allah, and give up what remaineth (due to you) from usury, if ye are (in truth) believers.
And if ye do not, then be warned of war (against you) from Allah and His messenger. And if ye repent, then ye have your principal (without interest). Wrong not, and ye shall not be wronged.Al-Baqara - 2:278-279
- As to those who deny the Signs of Allah, and in defiance of right, slay the Prophets, and slay those who teach just dealing with mankind, announce to them a grievous penalty.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:21
- Lo! those who purchase a small gain at the cost of Allah's covenant and their oaths, they have no portion in the Hereafter. Allah will neither speak to them nor look upon them on the Day of Resurrection, nor will He make them grow. Theirs will be a painful doom.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:77
- Be not like those who are divided amongst themselves and fall into disputations after receiving Clear signs; for them is a dreadful penalty.
Aal-e-Imran - 3:105
- To orphans restore their property (when they reach their age), nor substitute (your) worthless things for (their) good ones; and devour not their substance (by mixing it up) with your own. For this is indeed a great sin.
An-Nisa - 4:2
- Lo! Those who devour the wealth of orphans wrongfully, they do but swallow fire into their bellies, and they will be exposed to burning flame.
An-Nisa - 4:10
- But those who disobey Allah and His Messenger and transgress His limits will be admitted to a Fire to abide therein: and they shall have a humiliating punishment.
An-Nisa - 4:14
- Of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil, until death faces one of them, and he says; "Now have I repented indeed"; nor of those who die rejecting Faith: for them have We prepared a punishment most grievous.
An-Nisa - 4:18
- And Allah would turn to you in mercy; but those who follow vain desires would have you go tremendously astray.
An-Nisa - 4:27
- O ye who believe! Squander not your wealth among yourselves in vanity, except it be a trade by mutual consent, and kill not one another. Lo! Allah is ever Merciful unto you.
And whoso doeth that through aggression and injustice, we shall cast him into Fire, and that is ever easy for Allah.An-Nisa - 4:29-30
- Who hoard their wealth and enjoin avarice on others, and hide that which Allah hath bestowed upon them of His bounty. For disbelievers We prepare a shameful doom;
And (also) those who spend their wealth in order to be seen of men, and believe not in Allah nor the Last Day. Whoso taketh Satan for a comrade, a bad comrade hath he.An-Nisa - 4:37-38
- Hast thou not turned thy thought to those who were given a portion of the Book? They believe in sorcery and Evil and say to the Unbelievers that they are better guided in the (right) way than the Believers!
They are (men) whom Allah hath cursed: and those whom Allah hath cursed, thou wilt find, have no one to help.An-Nisa - 4:51-52
- If a man kills a Believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell, to abide therein (for ever): and the wrath and the curse of Allah are upon him, and a dreadful penalty is prepared for him.
An-Nisa - 4:93
- They may hide (their crimes) from men but they cannot hide (them) from Allah, seeing that He is with them when they plot by night in words that He cannot approve: and Allah doth compass round all that they do.
An-Nisa - 4:108
- (The pagans), leaving Him, call but upon female deities: they call but upon Satan the persistent rebel!
Allah did curse him, but he said: "I will take of Thy servants a portion marked off".
"I will mislead them and I will create in them false desires; I will order them to slit the ears of cattle and to deface the (fair) nature created by Allah." Whoever, forsaking Allah, takes Satan for a friend, hath of a surety suffered a loss that is manifest.
Satan makes them promises, and creates in them false desires; but Satan's promises are nothing but deception.
They (his dupes) will have their dwelling in Hell, and from it they will find no way of escape.An-Nisa - 4:117-121
- Because of the wrongdoing of the Jews We forbade them good things which were (before) made lawful unto them, and because of their much hindering from Allah's way.
And of their taking usury when they were forbidden it, and of their devouring people's wealth by false pretences, We have prepared for those of them who disbelieve a painful doom.An-Nisa - 4:160-161
- Who doth more wrong than he who inventeth a lie against Allah or rejecteth His Signs? But verily the wrong-doers never shall prosper.
Al-Anaam - 6:21
- Likewise did We make for every Messenger an enemy, evil ones men and Jinns, inspiring each other with flowery discourses by way of deception. If thy Lord had so willed, they would not have done it: so leave them and their inventions alone.
To such (deceit) let the hearts of those incline, who have no faith in the Hereafter: let them delight in it and let them earn from it what they may.Al-Anaam - 6:112-113
- Thus have We placed leaders in every town, its wicked men, to plot (and burrow) therein: but they only plot against their own souls, and they perceive it not.
Al-Anaam - 6:123
- As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.
Al-Anaam - 6:159
- O ye Children of Adam! let not satan seduce you in the same manner as he got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their raiment, to expose their shame: for he and his tribe watch you from a position where ye cannot see them: We made the Evil ones friends (only) to those without Faith.
Al-Araf - 7:27
- Say: The things that my Lord hath indeed forbidden are: shameful deeds, whether open or secret; sins and trespasses against truth or reason; assigning of partners to Allah, for which he hath given no authority; and saying things about Allah of which ye have no knowledge.
Al-Araf - 7:33
- Who took their religion for a sport and pastime, and whom the life of the world beguiled. So this day We have forgotten them even as they forgot the meeting of this day of theirs Day and as they used to deny Our tokens.
Al-Araf - 7:51
- Do no mischief on the earth, after it hath been set in order, but call on Him with fear and longing (in your hearts): for the Mercy of Allah is (always) near to those who do good.
Al-Araf - 7:56
- Many are the Jinns and men We have made for Hell: they have hearts wherewith they understand not, eyes wherewith they see not, and ears wherewith they hear not. They are like cattle nay more misguided: for they are heedless (of warning).
Al-Araf - 7:179
- And fear tumult or oppression which affecteth not in particular (only) those of you who do wrong and know that Allah is strict in punishment.
Al-Anfal - 8:25
- And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do.
Al-Anfal - 8:39
- And when Satan made their deeds seem fair to them and said: No-one of mankind can conquer you this day, for I am your protector. But when the armies came in sight of one another, he took flight, saying: Lo! I am guiltless of you. Lo! I see that which ye see not. Lo! I fear Allah. And Allah is severe in punishment.
Al-Anfal - 8:48
- Fain would they extinguish Allah's light with their mouths but Allah will not allow but that His light should be perfected, even though the unbelievers may detest (it).
Al-Tawba - 9:32
- But none believed in Moses except some children of his People, because of the fear of Pharaoh and his chiefs, lest they should persecute them; and certainly Pharaoh was mighty on the earth and one who transgressed all bounds.
Yunus - 10:83
- They said: "In Allah do we put our trust. Our Lord! make us not a trial for those who practise oppression;
"And deliver us by Thy Mercy from those who reject (Thee)."Yunus - 10:85-86
- If We give man a taste of mercy from Ourselves, and then withdraw it from him, behold! he is in despair and (falls into) blasphemy.
But if We give him a taste of (Our) favours after adversity hath touched him, He is sure to say "All evil has departed from me;" Behold! he falls into exultation and pride.Hud - 11:9-10
- Such will not escape in the earth, nor have they any protecting friends beside Allah. For them the torment will be double. They could not bear to hear, and they used not to see.
Such are they who have lost their souls, and that which they used to invent hath failed them.
Assuredly in the Hereafter they will be the greatest losers.Hud - 11:20-22And incline not to those who do wrong, or the Fire will seize you; and ye have no protectors other than Allah, nor shall ye be helped.Hud - 11:113
- Why were there not among, the generations before you, persons possessed of balanced good sense prohibiting (men) from mischief in the earth except a few among them whom We saved (from harm)? But the wrongdoers pursued the enjoyment of the good things of life which were given them, and persisted in sin.
Hud - 11:116
- But those who break the Covenant of Allah, after having plighted their word thereto, and cut asunder those things which Allah has commanded to be joined, and work mischief in the land - on them is the Curse; for them is the terrible Home!
Al-Rad - 13:25
- Those who love the life of the world more than the Hereafter, and debar (men) from the way of Allah and would have it crooked: such are far astray.
Ibrahim - 14:3
- And Satan saith, when the matter hath been decided: Lo! Allah promised you a promise of truth; and I promised you, then failed you. And I had no power over you save that I called unto you and ye obeyed me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can ye help me, Lo! I disbelieved in that which ye before ascribed to me. Lo! for wrong-doers is a painful doom.
Ibrahim - 14:22
- Think not that Allah doth not heed the deeds of those who do wrong. He but giveth them respite against a Day when the eyes will fixedly stare in horror
Ibrahim - 14:42
- "And ye dwelt in the dwellings of men who wronged their own souls: ye were clearly shown how We dealt with them; and We put forth many parables in your behalf!"
Mighty indeed were the plots which they made, but their plots were (well) within the sight of Allah, even though they were such as to shake the hills!Ibrahim - 14:45-46
- Do then those who devise evil (plots) feel secure that Allah will not cause the earth to swallow them up, or that the Wrath will not seize them from directions they little perceive?
Or that He may not call them to account in the midst of their goings to and fro without a chance of their frustrating Him?
Or that He may not call them to account by a process of slow wastage - for thy Lord is indeed Full of kindness and Mercy.An-Nahl - 16:45-47
- For those who disbelieve and debar (men) from the way of Allah, We add doom to doom because they wrought corruption
An-Nahl - 16:88
- And take not your oaths to practice deception between yourselves, with the result that someone's foot may slip after it was firmly planted; and ye may have to taste the evil (consequences) of having hindered (men) from the path of Allah and a mighty Wrath descend on you.
Nor sell the covenant of Allah for a miserable price: for with Allah is (a prize) far better for you, if ye only knew.An-Nahl - 16:94-95
- Allah sets forth a parable: a city enjoying security and quiet, abundantly supplied with sustenance from every place: yet was it ungrateful for the favours of Allah: so Allah made it taste of hunger and terror (in extremes) (closing in on it) like a garment (from every side), because of the (evil) which (its people) wrought.
An-Nahl - 16:112
- When thou dost read the Qur'an, seek Allah's protection from Satan the Rejected one.
No authority has he over those who believe and put their trust in their Lord.
His authority is over those only who take him as patron and who join partners with Allah.An-Nahl - 16:98-100
- And We decreed for the Children of Israel in the Scripture: Ye verily will work corruption in the earth twice, and ye will become great tyrants.
So when the time for the first of the two came, We roused against you slaves of Ours of great might who ravaged (your) country, and it was a threat performed.
Then we gave you once again your turn against them, and We aided you with wealth and children and made you more in soldiery.
(Saying): If ye do good, ye do good for your own souls, and if ye do evil, it is for them (in like manner). So, when the time for the second (of the judgments) came (We roused against you others of Our slaves) to ravage you, and to enter the Temple even as they entered it the first time, and to lay waste all that they conquered with an utter wasting.
It may be that your Lord will have mercy on you, but if ye repeat (the crime) We shall repeat (the punishment), and We have appointed hell a dungeon for the disbelievers.Al-Isra - 17:4-8
- Man prayeth for evil as he prayeth for good; for man was ever hasty.
Al-Isra - 17:11
- Verily spendthrifts are brothers of the Evil Ones; and the Evil One is to his Lord (Himself) ungrateful.
Al-Isra - 17:26-27
- Behold! We said to the angels: "Bow down unto Adam": they bowed down except Iblis: he said "Shall I bow down to one whom Thou didst create from clay?"
He said "Seest Thou? This is the one whom thou hast honoured above me! If Thou wilt but respite me to the Day of Judgment, I will surely bring his descendants under my sway all but a few!"
Allah said: "Go thy way; if any of them follow thee, verily Hell will be the recompense of you (all) - an ample recompense.
"Lead to destruction those whom thou canst among them, with thy (seductive) voice; make assaults on them with thy cavalry and thy infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them. But Satan promises them nothing but deceit.
"As for My servants, no authority shalt thou have over them." Enough is thy Lord for a Disposer of affairs.Al-Isra - 17:61-65
- And keep thy soul content with those who call on their Lord morning and evening, seeking His Face; and let not thine eyes pass beyond them seeking the pomp and glitter of this Life; nor obey any whose heart We have permitted to neglect the remembrance of Us, one who follows his own desires, whose case has gone beyond all bounds.
Al-Kahf - 18:28
- Behold! We said to the angels "Bow down to Adam": they bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrongdoers!
Al-Kahf - 18:50
- And who doth more wrong than one who is reminded of the Signs of his Lord but turns away from them, forgetting the (deeds) which his hands have sent forth? Verily We have set veils over their hearts lest they should understand this, and over their ears, deafness. If thou callest them to guidance, even then will they never accept guidance.
Al-Kahf - 18:57
- And yet among men there are such as dispute about Allah, without knowledge, and follow every evil one obstinate in rebellion!
About the (Evil One) it is decreed that whoever turns to him for friendship, him will he lead astray, and he will guide him to the Penalty of the Fire.Al-Hajj - 22:3-4
- Yet there is among men such a one as disputes about Allah, without knowledge, without guidance, and without a Book of Enlightenment
(Disdainfully) bending his side, in order to (lead men) astray from the Path of Allah; for him there is disgrace in this life, and on the Day of Judgment we shall make him taste the Penalty of burning (Fire).Al-Hajj - 22:8-9
- There are among men some who serve Allah, as it were, on the verge: if good befalls them, they are, therewith well content; but if a trial comes to them, they turn on their faces: they lose both this world and the Hereafter: that is loss for all to see!
Al-Hajj - 22:11
- They call on such deities besides Allah, as can neither hurt nor profit them: that is straying far indeed (from the Way)!
(Perhaps) they call on one whose hurt is nearer than his profit: evil, indeed, is the patron, and evil the companion (for help)!Al-Hajj - 22:12-13
- Never sent We a messenger or a prophet before thee but when He recited (the message) Satan proposed (opposition) in respect of that which he recited thereof. But Allah abolisheth that which Satan proposeth. Then Allah establisheth His revelations. Allah is Knower, Wise;
That He may make that which the devil proposeth a temptation for those in whose hearts is a disease, and those whose hearts are hardened - Lo! the evil-doers are in open schismAl-Hajj - 22:52-53
- If We had mercy on them and removed the distress which is on them, they would obstinately persist in their transgression, wandering in distraction to and fro.
We inflicted Punishment on them, but they humbled not themselves to their Lord nor do they submissively entreat (Him)!
Until We open on them a gate leading to a severe Punishment: then Lo! they will be plunged in despair therein!Al-Mumenoon - 23:75-77
- We have sent them the Truth: but they indeed practise Falsehood!
Al-Mumenoon - 23:90
- And say: "O my Lord! I seek refuge with Thee from the suggestions of the Evil Ones;
"And I seek refuge with Thee O my Lord! lest they should come near me."Al-Mumenoon - 23:97-98
- The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication flog each of them with a hundred stripes: let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.
Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry any but a woman similarly guilty, or an Unbeliever nor let any but such a man or an Unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden.Al-Noor - 24:2-3
- And those who launch a charge against chaste women, and produce not four witnesses (to support their allegation) flog them with eighty stripes: and reject their evidence ever after: for such men are wicked transgressors
Al-Noor - 24:4
- As for those who accuse their wives but have no witnesses except themselves; let the testimony of one of them be four testimonies, (swearing) by Allah that he is of those who speak the truth;
And yet a fifth, invoking the curse of Allah on him if he is of those who lie.
And it shall avert the punishment from her if she bear witness before Allah four times that the thing he saith is indeed false
And a fifth (time) that the wrath of Allah be upon her if he speaketh truth.Al-Noor - 24:6-9
- Those who brought forward the lie are a body among yourselves: think it not to be an evil to you: on the contrary it is good for you: to every man among them (will come the punishment) of the sin that he earned and to him who took on himself the lead among them will be a Penalty grievous.
Why did not Believers, men and women when ye heard of the affair put the best construction on it in their own minds and say "This (charge) is an obvious lie"?
Why did they not bring four witnesses, to prove it? When they have not brought the witnesses such men in the sight of Allah, (stand forth) themselves as liars!
Were it not for the grace and mercy of Allah on you, in this world and the Hereafter, a grievous penalty would have seized you in that ye rushed glibly into this affair.
Behold ye received it on your tongues and said out of your mouths things of which ye had no knowledge; and ye thought it to be a light matter, while it was most serious in the sight of Allah.
And why did ye not when ye heard it say? "It is not right of us to speak of this: Glory to Thee (our Lord)! this is a most serious slander!"
Allah doth admonish you, that ye may never repeat such (conduct) if ye are (true) Believers.Al-Noor - 24:11-17
- Lo! those who love that slander should be spread concerning those who believe, theirs will be a painful punishment in the world and the Hereafter. Allah knoweth. Ye know not.
Al-Noor - 24:19
- O ye who believe! Follow not the footsteps of the devil. Unto whomsoever followeth the footsteps of the devil, lo! he commandeth filthiness and wrong. Had it not been for the grace of Allah and His mercy unto you, not one of you would ever have grown pure. But Allah causeth whom He will to grow. And Allah is Hearer, Knower.
Al-Noor - 24:21
- Those who slander chaste women, indiscreet but believing are cursed in this life and in the Hereafter: for them is a grievous Penalty
Al-Noor - 24:23
- Hast thou seen him who chooseth for his god his own lust? Wouldst thou then be guardian over him?
Or deemest thou that most of them hear or understand? They are but as the cattle - nay, but they are farther astrayAl-Furqan - 25:43-44
- Shall I inform you, (O people!) on whom it is that the Satans descend?
They descend on every lying wicked person
(Into whose ears) they pour hearsay vanities, and most of them are liars.Al-Shuara - 26:221-223
- Truly Pharaoh elated himself in the land and broke up its people into sections depressing a group among them: their sons he slew, but he kept alive their females: for he was indeed a maker of mischief.
Al-Qasas - 28:4
- Pharaoh said: "O Chiefs! no god do I know for you but myself: therefore, O Haman! light me a (kiln to bake bricks) out of clay, and build me a lofty palace, that I may mount up to the god of Moses: but as far as I am concerned, I think (Moses) is a liar!"
And he was arrogant and insolent in the land, beyond reason - he and his hosts: they thought that they would not have to return to Us!
So We seized him and his hosts, and We flung them into the sea: now behold what was the End of those who did wrong!Al-Qasas - 28:38-40
- And if they answer thee not, then know that what they follow is their lusts. And who goeth farther astray than he who followeth his lust without guidance from Allah. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.
Al-Qasas - 28:50
- Qarun was doubtless, of the people of Moses; but he acted insolently towards them: such were the treasures We had bestowed on him, that their very keys would have been a burden to a body of strong men: behold, his people said to him: "Exult not, for Allah loveth not those who exult (in riches).
"But seek, with the (wealth) which Allah has bestowed on thee, the Home of the Hereafter, nor forget thy portion in this world: but do thou good, as Allah has been good to thee, and seek not (occasions for) mischief in the land: for Allah loves not those who do mischief."
He said: "This has been given to me because of a certain knowledge which I have." Did he not know that Allah had destroyed, before him (whole) generations - which were superior to him in strength and greater in amount (of riches) they had collected? But the wicked are not called (immediately) to account for their sins.Al-Qasas - 28:76-78
- Do those who practise evil think that they will get the better of us? Evil is their judgment!
Al-Ankaboot - 29:4
- And unto Midian We sent Shu'eyb, their brother. He said: O my people! Serve Allah, and look forward to the Last Day, and do not evil, making mischief, in the earth.
But they denied him, and the dreadful earthquake took them, and morning found them prostrate in their dwelling place.Al-Ankaboot - 29:36-37
- And Korah, Pharaoh and Haman! Moses came unto them with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but they were boastful in the land. And they were not winners (in the race).
So We took each one in his sin; of them was he on whom We sent a hurricane, and of them was he who was overtaken by the (Awful) Cry, and of them was he whom We caused the earth to swallow, and of them was he whom We drowned. It was not for Allah to wrong them, but they wronged themselves.Al-Ankaboot - 29:39-40
- Then evil was the consequence to those who dealt in evil, because they denied the revelations of Allah and made a mock of them.
Al-Room - 30:10
- Nay, but those who do wrong follow their own lusts without knowledge. Who is able to guide him whom Allah hath sent astray? For such there are no helpers.
Al-Room - 30:29
- Corruption doth appear on land and sea because of (the evil) which men's hands have done, that He may make them taste a part of that which they have done, in order that they may return.
Al-Room - 30:41
- And if We had so willed, We could have given every soul its guidance, but the word from Me concerning evildoers took effect: that I will fill hell with the jinn and mankind together.
So taste (the evil of your deeds). Forasmuch as ye forgot the meeting of this your Day, lo! We forget you. Taste the doom of immortality because of what ye used to do.As-Sajda - 32:13-14
- Is then the man who believes no better than the man who is rebellious and wicked? No equal are they.
As-Sajda - 32:18
- Lo! those who malign Allah and His messenger, Allah hath cursed them in the world and the Hereafter, and hath prepared for them the doom of the disdained.
And those who malign believing men and believing women undeservedly, they bear the guilt of slander and manifest sin.Al-Ahzab - 33:57-58
- But those who strive against Our revelations, challenging (Us), theirs will be a painful doom of wrath.
Saba - 34:5
- And as for those who strive against Our revelations, challenging, they will be brought to the doom.
Saba - 34:38
- And on the day when He will gather them all together, He will say unto the angels: Did these worship you?
They will say: Be Thou glorified. Thou art our protector, for them! Nay, but they worshipped the jinn; most of them were believers in them.Saba - 34:40-41
- Verily Satan is an enemy to you: so treat him as an enemy. He only invites his adherents, that they may become Companions of the Blazing Fire.
Fatir - 35:6
- Whoso desireth power (should know that) all power belongeth to Allah. Unto Him good words ascend, and the pious deed doth He exalt; but those who plot iniquities, theirs will be an awful doom; and the plotting of such (folk) will come to naught.
Fatir - 35:10
- They swore their strongest oaths by Allah that if a warner came to them, they would follow his guidance better than any (other) of the Peoples: but when a warner came to them, it has only increased their flight (from righteousness) -
On account of their arrogance in the land and their plotting of Evil. But the plotting of Evil will hem in only the authors thereof. Now are they but looking for the way the ancients were dealt with? But no change wilt thou find in Allah's way (of dealing): no turning off wilt thou find in Allah's way (of dealing).
Do they not travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those before them - though they were superior to them in strength? Nor is Allah to be frustrated by anything whatever in the heavens or on earth: for He is All-Knowing, All-Powerful.Fatir - 35:42-44
- And when it is said unto them: Spend of that wherewith Allah hath provided you, those who disbelieve say unto those who believe: Shall we feed those whom Allah, if He willed, would feed? Ye are in naught else than error manifest.
Ya-Seen - 36:47
- And O ye in sin! get ye apart this Day!
"Did I not enjoin on you, O ye children of Adam, that ye should not worship Satan; for that he was to you an enemy avowed?
"And that ye should worship Me, (for that) this was the Straight Way?
"But he did lead astray a great multitude of you. Did ye not then understand?
"This is the Hell of which ye were (repeatedly) warned!
"Embrace ye the (Fire) this Day, for that ye (persistently) rejected (Truth)."
That Day shall We set a seal on their mouths. But their hands will speak to Us and their feet bear witness, to all that they did.
If it had been Our Will, We could surely have blotted out their eyes; then should they have run about groping for the Path, but how could they have seen?
And if it had been Our Will We could have transformed them (to remain) in their places: then should they have been unable to move about, nor could they have returned (after error).Ya-Seen - 36:59-67
- They indeed found their fathers astray,
But they make haste (to follow) in their footsteps.
And verily most of the men of old went astray before them,
And verily We sent among them warners.
Then see the nature of the consequence for those warned,As-Saaffat - 37:69-73
- Even if the wrongdoers had all that there is on earth, and as much more, (in vain) would they offer it for ransom from the pain of the Penalty on the Day of Judgement: but something will confront them from Allah, which they could never have counted upon!
For the evils of their Deeds will confront them, and they will be (completely) encircled by that which they used to mock at!Az-Zumar - 39:47-48
- Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
"Turn ye to your Lord (in repentance) and bow to His (Will), before the Penalty comes on you: after that ye shall not be helped.Az-Zumar - 39:53-54
- Lo! those who distort Our revelations are not hid from Us. Is he who is hurled into the Fire better, or he who cometh secure on the Day of Resurrection? Do what ye will. Lo! He is Seer of what ye do.
Ha Meem As-Sajda - 41:40
- He whom Allah sendeth astray, for him there is no protecting friend after Him. And thou (Muhammad) wilt see the evil-doers when they see the doom, (how) they say: Is there any way of return?
And thou wilt see them exposed to (the Fire), made humble by disgrace, and looking with veiled eyes. And those who believe will say: Lo! the (eternal) losers are they who lose themselves and their housefolk on the Day of Resurrection. Lo! are not the wrong-doers in perpetual torment?
And they will have no protecting friends to help them instead of Allah. He whom Allah sendeth astray, for him there is no road.Ash-Shura - 42:44-46
- Shall We then take away the Message from you and repel (you) for that ye are a people transgressing beyond bounds?
Az-Zukhruf - 43:5
- And he whose sight is dim to the remembrance of the Beneficent, We assign unto him a devil who becometh his comrade;
And lo! they surely turn them from the way of Allah, and yet they deem that they are rightly guided;
Till, when he cometh unto Us, he saith (unto his comrade): Ah, would that between me and thee there were the distance of the two horizons - an evil comrade!Az-Zukhruf - 43:36-38
- And let not Satan turn you aside. Lo! he is an open enemy for you.
Az-Zukhruf - 43:62Hast thou seen him who maketh his desire his god, and Allah sendeth him astray purposely, and sealeth up his hearing and his heart, and setteth on his sight a covering? Then who will lead him after Allah (hath condemned him)? Will ye not then heed? (23)Al-Jathiya - 45:23
- Then, is it to be expected of you, if ye were put in authority, that ye will do mischief in the land, and break your ties of kith and kin?
Such are the men whom Allah has cursed, for He has made them deaf and blinded their sight.
Do they not then earnestly seek to understand the Qur'an, or are their hearts locked up by them?Muhammad - 47:22-24
- Lo! those who turn back after the guidance hath been manifested unto them, Satan hath seduced them, and He giveth them the rein.
That is because they say unto those who hate what Allah hath revealed: We will obey you in some matters; and Allah knoweth their secret talk.
Then how (will it be with them) when the angels gather them, smiting their faces and their backs!
That will be because they followed that which angereth Allah, and hated that which pleaseth Him. Therefor He hath made their actions vain.Muhammad - 47:25-28
- Lo! ye are those who are called to spend in the way of Allah, yet among you there are some who hoard. And as for him who hoardeth, he hoardeth only from his soul. And Allah is the Rich, and ye are the poor. And if ye turn away He will exchange you for some other folk, and they will not be the likes of you.
Muhammad - 47:38
- Or do they intend a plot (against thee)? But those who defy Allah are themselves involved in a Plot!
At-Tur - 52:42
- Those who avoid great sins and shameful deeds, Only (falling into) small faults - verily thy Lord is ample in forgiveness. He knows you well when He brings you out of the earth, and when ye are hidden in your mother's wombs Therefore justify not yourselves. He knows best who it is that guards against evil.
An-Najm - 53:32
- Those who oppose Allah and His messenger will be abased even as those before them were abased; and We have sent down clear tokens, and for disbelievers is a shameful doom
Al-Mujadila - 58:5
- Hast thou not seen those who take for friends a folk with whom Allah is wroth? They are neither of you nor of them, and they swear a false oath knowingly.
Allah hath prepared for them a dreadful doom. Evil indeed is that which they are wont to do.
They make a shelter of their oaths and turn (men) from the way of Allah; so theirs will be a shameful doom.
Their wealth and their children will avail them naught against Allah. Such are rightful owners of the Fire; they will abide therein.
On the day when Allah will raise them all together, then will they swear unto Him as they (now) swear unto you, and they will fancy that they have some standing. Lo! is it not they who are the liars?
The devil hath engrossed them and so hath caused them to forget remembrance of Allah. They are the devil's party. Lo! is it not the devil's party who will be the losers?Al-Mujadila - 58:14-19
- Or who is there that can provide you with Sustenance if He were to withhold His provision? Nay, they obstinately persist in insolent impiety and flight (from the Truth).
Al-Mulk - 67:21
- True, there were persons among mankind who took shelter with persons among the Jinns, but they increased them in folly.
Al-Jinn - 72:6
- Leave Me (to deal) with him whom I created lonely
And then bestowed upon him ample means
And sons abiding in his presence
And made (life) smooth for him.
Yet he desireth that I should give more.
Nay! For lo! he hath been stubborn to Our revelations.
On him I shall impose a fearful doom.
For lo! he did consider; then he planned
(Self-)destroyed is he, how he planned!
Again (self-)destroyed is he, how he planned!Al-Muddathir - 74:11-20
- Woe unto the defrauders:
Those who when they take the measure from mankind demand it full
But if they measure unto them or weight for them, they cause them loss
Do such (men) not consider that they will be raised again
Unto an awful Day
The day when (all) mankind stand before the Lord of the Worlds?Al-Mutaffifin - 83:1-6
- Nay, but that which they have earned is rust upon their hearts
Al-Mutaffifin - 83:14
- Lo! they who persecute believing men and believing women and repent not, theirs verily will be the doom of hell, and theirs the doom of burning
Al-Burooj - 85:10
- Dost thou not consider how thy Lord dealt with (the tribe of) A'ad
With many-columned Iram
The like of which was not created in the lands;
And with (the tribe of) Thamud, who clove the rocks in the valley;
And with Pharaoh, firm of might
Who (all) were rebellious (to Allah) in these lands
And multiplied iniquity therein?
Therefore thy Lord poured on them the disaster of His punishment
Lo! thy Lord is ever watchfulAl-Fajr - 89:6-14
- But when He trieth him, restricting his subsistence for him, then saith he (in despair) "My Lord hath humiliated me!"
Nay, nay! but ye honour not the orphans!
Nor, do ye encourage one another to feed the poor!
And ye devour inheritance - all with greed.
And ye love wealth with inordinate love!Al-Fajr - 89:16-20
- Nay, but verily man is rebellious
That he thinketh himself independent!
Lo! unto thy Lord is the returnAl-Alaq - 96:6-8
- Lo! man is an ingrate unto his Lord
And lo! he is a witness unto that;
And lo! in the love of wealth he is violent
Knoweth he not that, when the contents of the graves are poured forth
And the secrets of the breasts are made known
On that day will their Lord be perfectly informed concerning themAl-Adiyat - 100:6-11
- Rivalry in worldly increase distracteth you
Until ye come to the graves
Nay, but ye will come to know!
Nay, but ye will come to know!
Nay, would that ye knew (now) with a sure knowledge!
For ye will behold hell-fire
Aye, ye will behold it with sure vision
Then, on that day, ye will be asked concerning pleasureAt-Takathur - 102:1-8
- Woe unto every slandering traducer
Who hath gathered wealth (of this world) and arranged it
He thinketh that his wealth will render him immortal
Nay, but verily he will be flung to the Consuming One
Ah, what will convey unto thee what the Consuming One is!
(It is) the fire of Allah, kindled
Which leapeth up over the hearts (of men)
Lo! it is closed in on them
In outstretched columnsAl-Humaza - 104:1-9
- Hast thou observed him who belieth religion?
That is he who repelleth the orphan
And urgeth not the feeding of the needy
Ah, woe unto worshippers
Who are heedless of their prayer;
Who would be seen (at worship)
Yet refuse small kindnesses!Al-Maun - 107:1-7