How does COVID-19 Spread?
COVID-19 may spread in the following ways:
- Close contact with a person with COVID-19, through small droplets from the nose or mouth
- Breathing in droplets from coughing, sneezing or exhaling by a person infected with the virus
- Touching ones eyes, nose or mouth after touching an object or surface contaminated with droplets of an infected individual
- Stool of an infected person: the infected person goes to the bathroom and doesn’t wash the hands well, the virus could remain on the hands and spread from there.
- WHO: Q&A on coronaviruses (COVID-19)
- Mayo Clinic: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- What you need to know about coronavirus (COVID-19)
- WebMD: How does coronavirus spread?
Note: When you buy through the links on our site, we may earn some commission to support our work.