Prevention against COVID-19
The measures specified below help prevent or contain COVID-19.
- Washing hands frequently and thoroughly with soap, especially after:
- touching objects or surfaces
- being in a public place
- coughing or sneezing
- any activity that makes the hands unclean
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Clean or disinfect frequently used objects such as mobile phone, doorknobs, furniture, surfaces etc.
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose
- Maintain clean and healthy environment and enhance ventilation
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Maintain social distance (3 to 6 feet) and avoid large assembly or gatherings
- Minimize going out and social activities; use alternative means of communication when possible rather than physical meetings
- Avoid handshakes
- Wear a face mask if you are sick; also if visiting a sick person or going out in an area where there is chance of catching covid-19 infection
- Avoid eating raw or undercooked meat or animal organs.
- Cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Dispose of used tissues immediately
- WHO: Q&A on coronaviruses (COVID-19)
- Mayo Clinic: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Good hygiene for coronavirus (COVID-19)
- WebMD: How does coronavirus spread?
- CDC: How to Protect Yourself
Note: When you buy through the links on our site, we may earn some commission to support our work.